This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Bradders
1
« on: July 24, 2026, 04:53:03 PM »
I'm coming up 67, the thing I struggle with most is coming to a stop at a roundabout, looking right and trying to stop without a wobble the last two meters. Thought it was the swing arm bearings, had, the suspension apart re greased bushes, no play. Front end is nice and tight as well.
I guess it's just me.....
Regards Dave
I have exactly the same problem with balance. My other problem is arthritis in my knees ( I’m coming up to 65 years old ) so after riding with my knee scrunched up I get a lot of pain. A friend of mine who rides ( he’s coming up 79 years old ) has suggested trying his Kawasaki Vulcan cruiser for size with a more stretched out riding position, which maybe an alternative for the future.
2
« on: May 25, 2026, 02:57:31 PM »
Fortunately I only had the top end to rebuild, that was enough for me!
Thanks to Bryan J for all his advice and the rebore, new pistons and rings. Bryan did the work quickly and at a 1/4 of the price that was quoted with local engineering companies. Thanks once again Bryan.
3
« on: May 24, 2026, 09:16:23 PM »
Thanks Ted, I’ll keep an eye on it. It’s all new to me, never rebuilt an engine before.
4
« on: May 24, 2026, 05:18:32 PM »
Fixed this problem by adjusting the idle screw. I’m sure there will be more fettling required though!
5
« on: May 24, 2026, 04:00:40 PM »
Afternoon all. I have reassembled my engine after a rebuild, Bryan J has done a rebore and new pistons and rings, thank you Bryan.
Have ridden the bike first time today and although it starts well and seems to run ok when slowing down the engine cuts out.
Have looked on line at some possible causes but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to where to start trying to fix this problem.
6
« on: May 24, 2026, 10:14:51 AM »
Last time I checked Halfords were not selling the manufacturers recommended grade if Castrol Edge, it appears that they do a special version for turbocharged engines.
As mine is under an extended warranty I have to stick with the local main dealer for another 12 months. Not sure if it will invalidate the hybrid battery warranty if I go outside the dealer network.
I also have an extended warranty on my Ford Kuga hybrid and so use the local main dealer but my understanding is that you can use a local independent dealer as long as they are VAT registered and they use genuine parts. When I last got a quote the price for the independent dealer using genuine parts was almost identical to Fords prices.
7
« on: January 13, 2026, 04:44:51 AM »
You can get those studs from DSS, a lot cheaper than CMSL : https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/by-part-number/hpart_92700080503B
Morning Athame57, thanks for letting me know, I ordered a couple yesterday from Silvers and even managed to get the old one out with a bit of heat and not too much difficulty. 🙂
8
« on: January 11, 2026, 06:21:08 PM »
Thanks Kevski, sounds like a plan.
9
« on: January 11, 2026, 08:01:46 AM »
Thanks Bryan for the info.
10
« on: January 10, 2026, 09:38:36 PM »
Thanks Bryan. I would never of thought of doing it that way. Should I be able to do the job without dismantling the forks. When I put the new one in should I lock tight it in?
11
« on: January 10, 2026, 03:32:21 PM »
Bryan, your suggestion did the trick. Thanks very much.
12
« on: January 09, 2026, 08:56:01 PM »
Cheers Bryan. I had the hacksaw at it this afternoon but couldn’t get at it. I will try your idea tomorrow.
13
« on: January 09, 2026, 07:25:57 PM »
Thanks Bryan, I’ll give it a try.
14
« on: January 09, 2026, 07:02:41 PM »
Thanks for your reply Ken. It gets worse, just tried to get the nut off and it just goes round and round doing nothing! So frustrating!
15
« on: January 09, 2026, 04:59:01 PM »
Afternoon all. Took my front wheel off today but on replacing it one of studs seems to have a stripped thread. Was wondering how difficult it will be to replace and where’s the best place to buy them from. Regards.
|