Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - rosco

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
1
CB350/400 / Re: Crankcase oil leak
« on: May 27, 2026, 10:03:05 AM »
Hi Dave  Russell is in Byram near Knottingley  Yorkshire  near the junction of A1 & M62   I sent it by post. around £20 But I knew he would do it right first time so worth the postage  The guy is absolutely brilliant  Check out all his other work of Facebook Under Badfoot Customs

2
CB350/400 / Re: Crankcase oil leak
« on: May 24, 2026, 09:47:11 PM »
Both spot on Guards removed Which makes the bolt longer and punches the oil gallery This was done by the previous owner and during time after an engine rebuild the poor welding eventually gave up and allowed oil to weep through
He has made an absolute cracking job of the repair I could have had it done locally   But I trust my mate and know he will do it right

3
CB350/400 / Re: Crankcase oil leak
« on: May 24, 2026, 10:49:19 AM »
Another photo showing cracks in oil gallery Which has also been repaired

4
CB350/400 / Re: Crankcase oil leak
« on: May 24, 2026, 10:26:59 AM »
Sorrywas having trouble downloading photos

5
CB350/400 / Crankcase oil leak
« on: May 24, 2026, 10:13:54 AM »
After finding an oil leak from around the front mount I removed the engine and the lower crankcase and sent it for repair to an old mate of mine at Badfoot Customs
Now returned I thought you may be interested in a few pictures showing the process of how he did it
 

6
CB350/400 / Re: Engine oil leak
« on: April 13, 2026, 08:16:53 AM »
Hi Ted  The oil on the floor was directly under the mount I thoroughly cleaned the mount area with brake cleaner then left it  a couple of days  The oil leak was back With oil dripping from the mount area Checked around the filter housing but that dry Where the nut for the mount goes The casing looks a bit rough As though someone has had a go at it in the past  So is my number 1 suspect.  Now I know I can remove just the lower crankcase 
its better than a full engine strip.  So engine out ( Happy days ) Just need to find a good local welder around Norwich Any recommendations  I know BadFoot Customs in Yorkshire is brilliant But has a very very long waiting list
thanks for the comments

7
CB350/400 / Engine oil leak
« on: April 12, 2026, 11:44:01 AM »
Hello all Im back online after many months away ( not in prison )
On returning to the garage ,My CB400/4 has developed an oil leak which is coming from the front nearside engine mount ( I know, Bolt to long ) But is it possible to just split the lower crankcase off Without a full strip down once the engine has been removed. The old brain cells are a lot  rusty after a long lay off Please be gentle ??  Thanks

8
CB350/400 / Re: speedo trip rewind knob
« on: June 30, 2022, 03:06:24 PM »
May be deep, But true.   If you don't learn you keep making the same mistakes over and over ??

9
CB350/400 / Re: speedo trip rewind knob
« on: June 30, 2022, 10:08:24 AM »
Wish i had known this before  Never mind  Its not a crime to make a mistake !! But its a crime not to learn from it ?? Ross

10
CB350/400 / Re: speedo trip rewind knob
« on: June 29, 2022, 10:00:04 AM »
Cheers for that Matt.  If Peter hasn't got any  then i will take you up on your offer

Well Paul, you learn stuff everyday I never knew they unscrewed   Only read that to remove the knob use a dremel to cut a slot in the knob which can be repaired  This i was trying but totally destroyed the Knob  Every day a school day That is now logged Thanks

Ross

11
CB350/400 / Re: speedo trip rewind knob
« on: June 28, 2022, 10:36:36 PM »
Peter has just messaged me  He is away till the weekend but may have one

12
CB350/400 / Re: speedo trip rewind knob
« on: June 28, 2022, 02:56:37 PM »
Was talking with him about faces etc and he suggested cb750faces for the parts Just assumed he didn't stock any But worth a message cheers

13
CB350/400 / speedo trip rewind knob
« on: June 28, 2022, 01:51:08 PM »
Hi All
 Does anyone have a speedo trip rewind knob for a cb400  that they are willing to part with  It is a push fit on splines Unfortunately had to distroy mine while doing a refurb and they are not listed as a spare Thanks  Ross

14
Hi Ted   I also asked questions Although I'm not interested   They did reply to say it was UK registered  So i asked for Reg No  Engine No    and Frame No  so i could check the bikes history  So far no reply  Seems a bit suspect  Personally I would want to see it in the flesh  Better to walk away than get burnt

15
 HI All   If anybody is looking for stainless  fastners  Please check out  Kayfast in Wakefield  They do both A2 & A4 at very good prices and are very quick to send Worth checking   
Ross

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9