Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - T300

Pages: [1]
1
CB750 / Re: Fancy a project?
« on: June 23, 2020, 01:04:00 PM »
("for parts or not working")

 I would be pleasantly surprised if more than 1 to 2% of whats there is re-useable. More of a "ditch" find than a barn find.
Agreed Henry Cole would love it, "just a bit of polishing and the usual and predictable haggle and it will sell".

Anyone want to lay bets on whether the engine would even turn over?

It will only cost £25k to restore it to as new :)

2
CB750 / Re: CB750 K2 Tyres
« on: June 23, 2020, 12:44:45 PM »

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.
Glad you spotted the T300 moniker, I will have a look at the signature place and put them on it.

Rich

(Brit stuff)

1991 Trident 9 (much adjusted) - daily ride
1992 Trophy 9  (135k)  - in resto
1997 Daytona 955 – being “adjusted”
1959 3TA  (fonzy lookalike) - in resto
1960 Bantam D7 on the list to be looked at

3
CB750 / Re: CB750 K2 Tyres
« on: June 23, 2020, 09:07:17 AM »

Thanks Chaps,

I am really chuffed at the response. I haven't done forums before so forgive me if I get things wrong . With the covid thing I have been getting many of my motley collection back on the road. I was a Honda/Suzuki/Puch/Vespa Mechanic 35 years ago who had to work on everything including stuff I had never seen before, (with no workshop manual) so I am used to sorting things out myself and was a bit stumped on this tyre thing. (As an aside I love being described as a "newbie" at the age of 61!)

I am now pricing up TT100, Metz and Roadrunners, forgive me Bryan but I shivered at the thought of an avon SM! I would use them on one of my sidecar outfits and at a push my 3ta.
I think joining this forum was a good thing and I am looking forward to chatting with you guys.

I am informed it's normal to list what bikes you have ? not sure if this is the right place should I list them here?

 Many thanks Rich


4
CB750 / CB750 K2 Tyres
« on: June 22, 2020, 02:43:32 PM »
Hi all,

I could do with some advice.
I am putting my K2 back on the road after many many years and need tyres. I ride reasonably enthusiastically and as I have a number of bikes the tyre life isn't the most important criteria. I am out of touch with whats available for these bikes now and what works well.

advice and recommendations please.

thanks


Pages: [1]