Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Old Moe Toe

Pages: [1]
1
CB750 / Re: 750 K2 Left hand switchblock UK version.
« on: September 25, 2020, 12:41:29 PM »
Sure does Julie. Exactly the same. Thank you.
Has anyone with one of these switchblocks bought a wiring loom from DSS part number DCBAA-341_000P and found it has all the right connections to suit.
Asking because the wiring loom is the same part number as US/Aussie  models that have single round horn button only.

2
CB750 / 750 K2 Left hand switchblock UK version.
« on: September 25, 2020, 10:19:44 AM »
Hello.
Pretty new here.
I am looking to get a new wiring loom for my 750K2.
I seem to have some sort of export model in regards to the left hand switch gear.
Instead of just a round horn button this one has square combined horn/pass button and therefore has 6 wires exiting the switchblock (I think this may be the UK,France, export version of that switch) compared to 4 wires of the US etc versions and all the ones I have seen in Austtralia ,that had a round horn button.
I reckon the wiring looms must be different to suit the 2 different types, but talking to DSS they did not seem to know.
So the big question here is, Who knows which wiring loom is the right one to suit a left hand switch block that is like this(see pic)for a 72K2 750?.
Thank you and cheers from the other side of the planet.

3
Thanks for the welcome.
Here is a picture of my other Honda. It's a K2 with an F2 motor in it. It was an ugly bike when when I got it over 10 years ago. Have been changing it since. Been meaning to treat the engine to an overhaul every winter since owning it as it leaks a bit of oil, blows a bit of smoke and will skip out of gear if one is not careful on the gear change. It's a bit rough but loads of fun. It is nice to have a bike you can ride on dirt roads and not be too fussed about.

4
Welcome Brad. ;D

Hi AshimotoK0
here is a picture of my KO.

A pilot from Montana bought it new and kept it in his air conditioned hangar for the bikes first 40 years and he would sometimes run it up and down the runway. That is what the guy I bought it off told me anyway. I suspect the pilot may have ridden it to town or gone for other outings. It had 12000 original miles on it when I got it years ago. It is like riding a brand new bike, everything is crisp with it.
Pictures are taken as far south as you can go on bitumen in Australia at Lune River/ Ida bay.

5
Hello, a newby here living in Tasmania.
Been on the other sohc forum for a while.
Real name is Brad, Old Moe Toe was because I had a moto guzzie for 36 years until recently.
Still got a 1970 750 KO, a 1972 750K2 with a F2 engine in it (well engine is out and being pulled to bits right now), a 1984 HD FXWG and a 2008 HD FXST.
Look forward to participating on this forum.
Cheers.

Pages: [1]