Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - teenybop1

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
1
CB350/400 / Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
« on: August 14, 2026, 01:42:00 PM »
That's a nice bike you've bought off Pete. I remember many emails  between Pete and myself back when he was having issues with the original restorer, I helped out by advising him where to get it all sorted out properly. It's nice it found a new  home with a forum member.
I will always be grateful for the encouragement you gave me julie, when roger the dodger played funny buggers. Hope he enjoyed spending his ill gotten gains.hopefully karma will come knocking at his door in the near future. If it wasn't for health issues with both me and my flattie I would never have moved the bike on.Robert has been an absolute gentleman and I hope he has many happy miles riding the wee beaut.
I'm sure Roger would rather have karma knocking on his door than you knocking on it Pete 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Lol julie,I actually spat my coffee out there....ps seriously, thanks for your messages and advice, your a star.

2
CB350/400 / Re: Christmas has come early this year and it's yellow!
« on: August 13, 2026, 06:30:40 PM »
That's a nice bike you've bought off Pete. I remember many emails  between Pete and myself back when he was having issues with the original restorer, I helped out by advising him where to get it all sorted out properly. It's nice it found a new  home with a forum member.
I will always be grateful for the encouragement you gave me julie, when roger the dodger played funny buggers. Hope he enjoyed spending his ill gotten gains.hopefully karma will come knocking at his door in the near future. If it wasn't for health issues with both me and my flattie I would never have moved the bike on.Robert has been an absolute gentleman and I hope he has many happy miles riding the wee beaut.

3
Member 4 Sales / Re: 1977 400four
« on: July 18, 2026, 01:02:45 PM »
SOLD,,,Thanks everyone for your interest, im 100% sure the new owner will be delighted.

4
Other Bikes / Re: Bmw 2023 scrambler
« on: July 16, 2026, 10:50:40 AM »
Strained my trapizius and have scapula bursitis so not been out on bikes,nearest i get is wheeling them out to admire in the sunshine. (400/4 is still for sale)

5
Member 4 Sales / Re: 1977 400four
« on: July 08, 2026, 06:17:49 AM »
David silver replacement, cheers Peter

6
Member 4 Sales / Re: 1977 400four
« on: July 06, 2026, 02:53:25 PM »
Dogs going in for cruciate ligament operation, last try at £5000.no offers.

7
Member 4 Sales / Re: VERY Tired CB 550
« on: June 03, 2026, 08:06:39 AM »
In the snow as well
Looks like it's been worked on by Roger Etcell :-)

8
Other Bikes / Re: Bmw 2023 scrambler
« on: May 25, 2026, 05:32:34 AM »
I've been out a couple of times on it now Ted and I think it's actually user error. The shaft drive is very direct, i also think that as I came straight off my tiger gt pro i was being a bit unfair about the bmw gearbox. The tigers was the best ive used in over 50years of motorcycling.only thing I didn't like, or think necessary was the quickshifter. It worked well on the couple of times I tried it,out of curiosity, after that I ignored it.pointless for me on a adventure bike and not required, triumph should have spent the money on better quality plastics.Too much tech on modern bikes I'm finding,service light that flashes in your face once you get 10months useage. Gimme a break,I know when my bike needs a service :-).Rant over,

9
Other Bikes / Re: Bmw 2023 scrambler
« on: May 21, 2026, 11:08:32 AM »
It looks as if it will be nice and comfy on our A & B roads, far too nice for actual scrambling imho, substantial looking brakes, low c of g, what's not to like aside from the cost of repairs in the event of a tumble.👍👍👍

Wish I was 30 years younger! 🕺🕺🕺
Morning Ted, yip,there's no chance this is ever going off road,my gravel drivewayis closest.its had the suspensionreplaced with nitron,front and rear so its pretty comfy, certainly not harsh. Tons of torque and im sure it will be great fun,once I get used to the gearbox, it's not slick lol

10
Other Bikes / Bmw 2023 scrambler
« on: May 16, 2026, 08:12:58 AM »
Just arrived yesterday, 1400miles ,love it.

11
Member 4 Sales / Re: 1977 400four
« on: October 23, 2025, 09:56:48 PM »
Great restoration Pete, a credit to you and the hassle I know you've had bringing the bike up to the standard it is in now.
It's yellow, what more can I say, obviously a man of taste.
I hope it sells for you but maybe not the best time of year to be selling it, can you hold onto it until the spring when people's thoughts turn to summer, biking and a bigger audience.
I tried to sell my original 400/4 on eBay recently and despite over 300+ watchers and over 20 bids nobody came close to the reserve, nobody came to see it and I was asked just two questions and they were 1. What is the reserve and 2. How much will you take for it if it doesn't sell.
I sold it to a mate a couple of weeks ago as an ornament for his dining room!
Hi dave, good to hear from you.im actually not too bothered if it doesn’t sell.i really would prefer to keep it in the living room, but I've been told that isn't happening,,but im working on  it lol,,cheers Peter.

12
Member 4 Sales / Re: 1978 400four
« on: October 23, 2025, 01:51:02 PM »
Yellow,,the best colour. I've tried to post the pics but keeps coming up file too large..I thought it was because they were too shiny lol.im just not getting any time to use the bike as a combination of the grandkids, weather and dealing with the guide dogs etc.plus im not allowed to keep the bike indoors as an ornament..bugger.

13
Member 4 Sales / 1977 400four
« on: October 23, 2025, 07:45:27 AM »
 SOLD....Completely restored from top to bottom over 3 years,fully documented here on the forum .Everything that wasn't done to standard i required was redone by Rust to resto in Leyland lancs.no expense spared.Every receipt and full history is available, along with a box of old spares Absolutely immaculate.,Email for details, pics etc.£6000 ono  ,
petermack@live.co.uk.


14
Member 4 Sales / Re: Original 400four seat
« on: August 23, 2025, 01:25:21 PM »
Lol yes hammerite..that bloody predictive  text.been trying to put up pics but struggling.just looking to make space, if anyone is nearby, pop in .nothing to lose and you might just pick up a bargain .

15
Member 4 Sales / Original 400four seat
« on: August 22, 2025, 03:03:41 PM »
Good condition apart from one small split.solid base , been hammering painted.pickup only .welcome to delve into used spare parts and no reasonable offer refused.its just taking up space.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5