1
CB750 / Re: long bolts in crankcase
« on: March 25, 2021, 08:42:29 PM »
Thanks Jedi, thats great to know
Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)
- sorry it's taken so long to fix 
|
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to. 1
CB750 / Re: long bolts in crankcase« on: March 25, 2021, 08:42:29 PM »
Thanks Jedi, thats great to know
2
CB750 / Re: long bolts in crankcase« on: March 25, 2021, 08:08:35 PM »
The thread in the top crankcase for bolt no.2 in the picture at the start of this thread
3
CB750 / Re: long bolts in crankcase« on: March 25, 2021, 07:51:21 PM »
I have used helicoils before and they are obviously the cheaper option but will they withstand the bolts being torqued into them?
4
CB750 / Re: long bolts in crankcase« on: March 25, 2021, 04:50:49 PM »
Thanks for the replies. As it stands on further investigation it looks like the threaded hole in the top half of the crankcase has had it
![]() Has anyone ever tapped it out to an M10? If so did it go ok? Thanks in advance 6
CB750 / Re: long bolts in crankcase« on: March 23, 2021, 10:08:01 PM »
Great idea Jedi. Thanks for the idea. I will give it a go in the morning
7
CB750 / long bolts in crankcase« on: March 23, 2021, 09:12:45 PM »
Hi, can anyone tell me if they have ever fitted a slightly longer bolt in the crankcase. I was just torquing down to do a plastigauge test and what is no.2 bolt on the diagrams will not tighten down. The bolts are M8 x 140 1.25 pitch. If i put the bolt in the top half of the casing without the bottom fitted it bites fine and i think it would torque down ok. I was thinking about putting a bolt 145mm long in and see what happens. Has anyone got any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance
8
CB750 / Re: CB750 K5 Dilemma« on: January 25, 2021, 02:44:14 PM »
The medium used is a soft silicone apparently and they are aware about the oil ways
9
CB750 / Re: CB750 K5 Dilemma« on: January 25, 2021, 11:09:47 AM »
Why do you think the cases are scrap if they have been vapour blasted?
10
CB750 / Re: CB750 K5 Dilemma« on: January 24, 2021, 09:48:12 PM »
The bike i got rid of was a 600 SRAD and i replaced with an xjr1300sp. I still have that and love to do big trips on it which i used it for a 180 mile commute. The SRAD if i went back to it would be a small fun project and great fun to have small ride outs or even track days.
11
CB750 / Re: CB750 K5 Dilemma« on: January 24, 2021, 09:33:17 PM »
Thanks Jedi. it is sound advise like that that i need. I am slowly coming to the fact that i might have to let this go.
12
CB750 / CB750 K5 Dilemma« on: January 24, 2021, 05:19:48 PM »
Evening all. I am in a bit of a dilemma. I bought a K5 frame and lots of bits. I have the title and the nova certificate but it is not UK registered yet. I have fully stripped the engine down which I have found out is a K6 and the case is away being vapour blasted.
My dilemma is whether or not to carry on with the project or sell it as it is with the bits I have already done to it and purchase a bike that I have had in the past that really has me interested. Any thoughts? 13
CB750 / Re: k6 Gaskets« on: January 12, 2021, 08:31:02 PM »
Thanks Julie. How much are we looking at for the seals? Thanks
14
CB750 / k6 Gaskets« on: January 12, 2021, 07:11:53 PM »
Hi all, can anyone recommend where to get a full set of gaskets? i am replacing every one and all the oil seals/o rings throughout the whole engine. Any recommends would be greatly appreciated. thanks
15
CB750 / PD Carb swap« on: December 22, 2020, 09:08:36 PM »
Anyone interested in possibly swapping or PX a set of PD41 carbs for a set that will fit a 750 K6 engine? I dont know anything about the history of them. The bike (or bits of a bike) i bought is a K5 frame and a K6 engine.
|