Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - pastitpete

Pages: [1]
1
CB350/400 / Re: New to CB400 four and new here! Front brake improvement?
« on: August 28, 2023, 04:50:01 PM »
I have an engineered right hand fork leg hung up in the shed which has been machined to house a right hand disk conversion to twin disk. can't convince myself that I want to go the the trouble of the extra engineering that would be involved. having said that I had a twin disc front end on my 400/4 back in the 80's and I could do stoppies on that. also had both disks cross drilled which helped.
pastitpete

2
CB350/400 / Re: Which notch on the needle
« on: April 23, 2023, 08:49:06 PM »
I bought a set of aftermarket carb referb kits and the needles have 4 notches :-[, going to drop the needle by one notch as it's clearly running to rich. Guess we'll see if that works! I have also ordered a set of referb kit's from David Silver, so I might even change the needles over to these as they will probably be closer to OEM spec. Thanks for answering
Pete

3
CB350/400 / Which notch on the needle
« on: April 23, 2023, 08:33:23 PM »
Sorry for being a dufuss but the manual says 3rd notch on the needle in the carbs, but is that third from the top or third from the bottom ??? ???

Pages: [1]