This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Fischmann
Pages: [1]
1
« on: July 26, 2026, 11:54:13 AM »
A tired but running K3 that I'm not going to get around to restoring. Nurse Julie has noted that the tank is incorrect and the clocks are from an F model. The bike is near Oxford and I'm looking for £750 or best offer. PM me for more images.
2
« on: February 04, 2023, 08:31:38 PM »
3
« on: February 04, 2023, 01:14:03 PM »
Thanks fellas – all good info
btw, I wouldn't dream of running the bike without a battery – it's in a mildly shocking state anyway as you can see in the pics, awaiting the first steps in the restoration process
@McCabe-Thiele (Ted) – I'm enjoying your Flickr thread – I'm D:R on there
Cheers!
4
« on: February 04, 2023, 01:02:21 PM »
Thanks Orcade-Ian – can you tell me the advantage of having double terminals on the Motobatt?
5
« on: February 04, 2023, 11:46:38 AM »
Thanks Bryanj!
6
« on: February 04, 2023, 11:08:07 AM »
See, I told you I was clueless
@K2-K6 – I've used this on my car successfully when the battery was flat, but obviously the battery was present – I wasn't aware that this small booster would need a battery in place. The chap I bought bike from started it with a booster without the battery present, but that was using a bigger booster unit, something like the ones that the breakdown fellas use
I'd better get a battery – any suggestions on the best option?
@Orcade-Ian – The engine turns over nicely with the kickstart – no clicks from the left panel. I'll get a battery and report back.
Thanks both for your replies Fischmann
7
« on: February 04, 2023, 10:21:41 AM »
Can anyone suggest what might be the problem here – the booster battery shows a green light when connected, but once the ignition is switched on the booster light goes red and nothing happens
I'm clueless right now regarding all things electric, so any ideas welcome
Cheers Fischmann
8
« on: July 06, 2022, 01:02:10 PM »
Thanks everyone for the sound advice – I'll probably get in touch with Chameleon first as I like the look of their Cerakote work
9
« on: July 04, 2022, 08:22:14 PM »
Thanks Laverdaroo!
Edit: and their website is very inspiring, thanks again
10
« on: July 04, 2022, 05:55:14 PM »
3 hours sounds about right to me I spoke to someone who has suggested it could be as much as 30-35 hours, which I thought was excessive, or outright mad really, as it's basically a working week! Will have to shop around
11
« on: July 04, 2022, 03:05:55 PM »
Fully stripped – it's done 52K and I'm guessing it will need some inner parts replacing, especially if the outward appearance is anything to go by
12
« on: July 04, 2022, 02:10:00 PM »
Can anyone give me a rough idea of how many hours it would take to do a first-class vapour blasting job on a complete CB550 engine – just looking for a rough idea in order to get a quote
Thanks!
13
« on: April 19, 2022, 01:59:09 PM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
The bike should be with me in a week or two and then I will take a good look at it before commencing the strip down – I'll be going for a non-standard mild-to-medium custom look, nothing too outrageous though – I'll start a project thread once it's here
It's been many years since I worked on a bike, in fact around 40 years, so my limited experience has faded – I had a fizzy, a DT100, a DT175, all of which I tinkered with and then moved over to cars, so expect lots of questions
Cheers! Dean
14
« on: April 18, 2022, 10:06:01 PM »
I've been lurking her for a while, and now I have nabbed myself a 78 CB550 K3 in need of a rebuild. I'll be plumbing the extensive knowledge base here re tips on rebuilding and sourcing supplier and services over the coming months – wish me luck! Cheers! Fischmann
Pages: [1]
|