Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Legin

Pages: [1]
1
CB750 / Re: K2 on EBAY
« on: December 12, 2010, 11:13:43 AM »
I have a K1 which I thought just needed polishing up but Im already another

2
New Member Introductions / Re: Hi from cheshire
« on: September 21, 2010, 05:38:33 PM »
I have ordered the blue faces so we see how she goes when they arrive. Interesting on the luggage rack as the rd80lc one i chopped up was a tower no real surprise i guess as its a pretty old item also.

3
New Member Introductions / Re: Hi from cheshire
« on: September 17, 2010, 07:15:44 PM »
Yes Im getting them from clocks n dials, fortunately mine are pretty fit so with a blast and paint will be ok as the glasses look good apart from a bit of paint on them. The clocks work great so Im a bit nervous about buggering something up. I note my faces are blue is this a USA thing as I was thinking most are green on k1 ?

4
New Member Introductions / Re: Hi from cheshire
« on: September 17, 2010, 06:53:38 PM »
I sorted the front brake in the end by fitting brembo pads but more importantly cleaning up the caliper bore , seal and piston. Was full of some sort of crud. Brake much more effective now and doesnt drag, its not like a modern of course but good enough for me. I have also made a luggage rack by grafting an NOS rd 80lc one onto the original rear grab, I think it looks better than the ones I have seen in pics but the main reason was i couldnt find one to buy, its painted for now but i will get it plated at some point. Next job Im going to do are the clock faces with vinyl overlays as they have suffered in the sun.
Thanks for the info and welcome chaps.

5
CB750 / Re: best brake pads for my k1
« on: September 06, 2010, 05:42:33 PM »
Yes I conclude that I cant get them either. I have decided to buy a variety of pads and try them out first set were only

6
New Member Introductions / Re: Hi from cheshire
« on: September 05, 2010, 09:28:56 PM »
Turns out my rear tyre is a Continental. Which tyres should I buy ?

7
New Member Introductions / Re: Hi from cheshire
« on: September 05, 2010, 07:56:42 AM »
Hmm, Starting to get the idea this front brake is going to take me a bit more effort to resolve. Reading around it seems apart from the availability of decent pads (not) the problem could be piston ratios and given I like to keep my bike looking standard even if it isnt then the next step looks like engineering a smaller master cylinder piston into the original housing. We will see.
I think my clutch is just worn out so will strip and replate it at some point, are the EBC clutch pack and springs well thought of ?
Front tyre is some sort of Dunlop antique and the rear is a Avon in good nick, what would be the best front tyre to get BT45 gets lots of mentions.

8
CB750 / best brake pads for my k1
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:35:18 PM »
I want to get the most effective brake pads i can for my 750 k1 but the sintered jobbies dont seem to be available in the early round ones. Anyone advise what i should buy.

9
New Member Introductions / Hi from cheshire
« on: September 02, 2010, 07:45:41 PM »
Hello,
I have just bought a 750 k1 1971 built late 1970 and red that was imported 3 years ago so Im second owner. I would descibe it as good condition although it has taken me nearly 3 days to get it running half decent. The seller paid the outfit that mot,d it to set it up as he wasnt happy with the running. Well just say the girl on the bacon counter would have done a better job, timing, floats synchro all about as far off as possible it barely ran and now that power is restored the clutch slips.
Anyway despite this I love the bike and will start renovating it, the main areas I find disturbing are front disc performance which surely cant be this dire (best pads anyone) and stability at speed when going over white lines and cats eyes, am I expecting too much or is it tyres and shocks ? Best save the questions I guess.

Pages: [1]