Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - macson

Pages: [1]
1
CB500/550 / Re: cb550 1974 rear wheel collar
« on: March 10, 2022, 02:04:25 PM »
All good now, must have had a bad head moment yesterday. Thanks for the replies, the extra info was good to know.

2
CB500/550 / Re: cb550 1974 rear wheel collar
« on: March 09, 2022, 09:08:51 PM »
Just to confirm - if all is good then when axle is tightened up the collar will sit tight up against the wheel bearing one side and the other against the  washer (number 46 in the diagram)?

3
CB500/550 / Re: cb550 1974 rear wheel collar
« on: March 09, 2022, 09:04:26 PM »
Yes number 7 in the diagram. The internal spacer is in the wheel so spacers continuous from bearing to bearing. At present I have the wheel off with the collar on the wrong way around so will check again tomorrow but when I put it together the other day I looked at it going on both ways and as said couldn't see how it works with it in the correct position as still a gap. Will double check tomorrow in case I was having a bad head moment but it didn't seem right at the time due to noticeable gap but good to have confirmation of the correct way around. Watch this space...!

4
CB500/550 / cb550 1974 rear wheel collar
« on: March 09, 2022, 04:05:26 PM »
Hi all, I'm putting together my rear wheel but am stuck as to the fitting of the collar - according to diagrams and a post I read the collar goes inside the plate with the thick end nearest the hub. If I do that the collar is only held in place by the oil seal and there is a large gap between the hub/bearing and the collar. This would leave it free to rattle free of the oil seal and leave it rattling/spinning around the axle serving no purpose at all. Am I missing something here?

Pages: [1]