Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Rolfbulmer

Pages: [1] 2 3
1
CB500/550 / Re: CB550 neutral indicator light
« on: October 01, 2026, 08:06:06 PM »
Hi Bryanj,
Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by the 'mod' unit?

2
CB500/550 / Re: Battery charging issue
« on: October 01, 2026, 07:54:31 PM »
Thanks for that.
I am reasonably sure the grounds are ok. I have the green cable from the field coil going into a 3 way WAGO. Also going in to this WAGO is the green cable from the reg/rec, and coming out of this, connected to a chassis ground is another green cable. Checked for continuity and all good.

3
CB500/550 / Re: CB550 neutral indicator light
« on: October 01, 2026, 07:48:29 PM »
Interesting thought. I'll have a look over the weekend, thanks.

4
CB500/550 / CB550 neutral indicator light
« on: October 01, 2026, 08:48:16 AM »
The neutral switch and indicator light works perfectly when the bike is cold, however, after about 6 miles of riding the neutral light comes on and stays on. Once the bike has cooled down, the light behaves perfectly again. Mechanically all looks good with the switch and electrically it is all correctly wired with all connections good. The bike has been rewired using an motogadget m-unit.
Any ideas as to what may be causing this please.

5
CB500/550 / Battery charging issue
« on: October 01, 2026, 08:42:29 AM »
The bike has been completely rewired using an motogadget m-unit. The alternator stator and field coil are working fine. I have fitted a 7 cable chinese aftermarket reg/rec with the 3 yellow cables connected to the 3 stator yellow cables, the green cable connected to the ground coming off the field coil, the white cable (excited voltage to field coil) connected to the white cable coming off the field coil, the red cable connected to the battery via a fuse, and the black cable (voltage reference) connected to a switched supply off the ignition.
All connections are good, the switched reference voltage is good, the ground is good - everything is good BUT the battery will not charge. I initially concluded that the chinese reg/rec must be 'out of the box' faulty so i bought a new one. This also did not work so I am thinking that something else is going on here.
Has any one got any ideas or had similar issues.

6
Thanks everyone for your replies. I will look at all the possible options and take it from there. Thanks again.

7
Hi,
I have fitted drop handlebars to my 1977 550F, so now the stock throttle cables are too long.
Does anyone know where I can get a pair slightly shorter please.
Ideally I would like;
Pull cable - outer sleeve length, 75cm, and cable length, 85cm
Push cable - outer sleeve length, 73cm and cable length, 83cm
Thankyou.

8
CB500/550 / New tank for sale on ebay
« on: April 09, 2023, 07:32:59 PM »
Has anybody had experience of buying a new tank from eBay? I have seen a new steel and chromed,or polished aluminium tank, complete with cap for sale from a company called ‘vintage-classic-parts44’ for £270. This is for a 1974 550.
They also say they can make tanks to any size.
Is this likely to be poor quality and false economy? Does this sound genuine?

9
CB500/550 / Re: cb550F Carburettor main and pilot jet
« on: December 19, 2022, 08:28:15 AM »
Fantastic. Thank you very much.

10
CB500/550 / Re: cb550F Carburettor main and pilot jet
« on: December 19, 2022, 08:26:06 AM »
Thank you.
Seaman, yes I would like to buy these. I have sent you a PM.
Regards
Rolf.

11
CB500/550 / cb550F Carburettor main and pilot jet
« on: December 15, 2022, 01:08:08 PM »
Hi,
Can anyone recommend where I can purchase carburettor main jets size 104 and pilot jets size 40 for my keihin 069A carbs please.
Preferably in the UK.
These are non standard as I am running engine with velocity stacks and 4 into 2 exhaust.

12
CB500/550 / Re: 500F2 speedo cable length
« on: August 19, 2022, 01:42:13 PM »
Hi odd job, I have tried the tacho cable but it is too short at 26”.

13
CB500/550 / 500F2 speedo cable length
« on: August 19, 2022, 11:52:09 AM »
My speedo cable length is 38”. What I am after is a shorter one at about 30” - this is because i have fitted a very small front mudguard and the current cable just looks ugly and spoils the line and look at the front. I tried the tacho cable which has the same fittings but this is too short at 26”.
Does anyone know where I can get either a 30” speedo cable or a 30” tacho cable please.
I was wondering if perhaps a different model may be of the required size.
All ideas appreciated. Thanks.

14
CB500/550 / Re: Cb 500 coils
« on: July 19, 2022, 05:02:50 PM »
I would definitely look into ashs method for repairing them and replacing the leads at the same time.
I had the same issue as you and with a bit of trepidation followed the repair route, but it worked a treat and you at least then know you have got a fully functional pair of ignition coils.

15
CB500/550 / Re: 550F2 not firing on cylinders 1 & 4
« on: July 19, 2022, 04:46:04 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
Simple lad that I am, how can I do this test, bearing in mind the bike has no ignition and battery.

Pages: [1] 2 3