Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - navtrad

Pages: [1]
1
New Member Introductions / Re: Hello from the Midlands, UK
« on: July 12, 2022, 10:24:03 AM »
Thanks everyone - what a great welcome!

2
New Member Introductions / Re: Hello from the Midlands, UK
« on: July 09, 2022, 06:35:10 PM »
Welcome to the sohc Forum......some great people on here....head and shoulders above some of the other Forums.

Nice bike you have there...my fave colour for the CB400's, and the swoop of the 4 pipes still looks just brilliant 50 ish years later.

I'd paint the engine over the winter and polish the cases.........they look great against the chrome pipes.........after you put some elbow grease into it, she'll probably become a 'keeper' so be warned !

Yes, I do quite like the look of the polished metal - it’s come up pretty well, and as you say looks good with the chrome.

3
New Member Introductions / Re: Hello from the Midlands, UK
« on: July 09, 2022, 06:25:59 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Yes, I’m very pleased to have the bike with its originals keys, owners manual, service manual, toolkit etc and lots and lots of receipts and MoT’s - I love the paperwork history of a bike.

4
New Member Introductions / Hello from the Midlands, UK
« on: July 09, 2022, 02:18:43 PM »
Hello Everyone,
Thanks for letting me join, and thanks to Julie for pointing me in this direction a few weeks ago.

I’ve recently (end May) bought a 1 owner, burgundy 400/4 F2 via David Silver. It starts, runs and rides well but is a little cosmetically challenged in a few places, so I’ll decide over winter how much to do about that. I’ve started polishing the engine cases for now (generator and chain case cover done, clutch cover and cam cover to do) as they were/are pretty poor. The jury is still out as to whether to paint them or keep them polished though.

I never had a 400/4 back in the day, probably because as soon as I passed my test I wanted the biggest, fastest thing I could get. However, now I can appreciate what a great bike they are and how well put together - I do like the adjuster for gear lever height!, and a nice size and weight too…

I’m not new to bikes having started when I was 15 on fields before getting an FS1e for the road at 16, and have had quite a few over the years and still have a garage full now of various sizes and countries of origin.

Regards,
Nigel

Pages: [1]