1
CB500/550 / Brake problem - thought I'd share this.
« on: June 22, 2024, 09:07:33 PM »
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,183397.msg2288457.html#new
Here's a thread I posted on a few years ago with a seeming intractable problem with the front brake on my bike. Thought it may help someone on this side of the pond. After getting the MC and caliper refubished in 2020 the lever was soggy despite anything I did. Mechanic said he did all he could but no success. I spent a lot of time and some money on it before finding a solution in the place I least expected. I don't know the sequence of events that led to the mismatch of thelever and MC piston, but it would have been the last thing I would have logically thought of.
Here's a thread I posted on a few years ago with a seeming intractable problem with the front brake on my bike. Thought it may help someone on this side of the pond. After getting the MC and caliper refubished in 2020 the lever was soggy despite anything I did. Mechanic said he did all he could but no success. I spent a lot of time and some money on it before finding a solution in the place I least expected. I don't know the sequence of events that led to the mismatch of thelever and MC piston, but it would have been the last thing I would have logically thought of.

