Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Plammiman

Pages: [1]
1
CB500/550 / Cb500 four K1 UK version
« on: August 14, 2026, 09:48:01 AM »
Hi I am looking for the original chrome seat trim that goes around to lower section of the seat. Is this still available either as NOS, repro or old parts. The bike is a 1975 originally UK registered K1

2
CB500/550 / Re: CB550F side cover rubber grommets
« on: December 22, 2023, 09:24:29 AM »
Thanks for all the replies, it great to hear all the views and options. In this case going for original seems the best idea if you want to fit and remove the panel with the best chance of avoiding damage. Retention of the panel is also important as they get harder to find. I like the idea floated of a tether for the panel which should be easy to achieve. Thanks everyone 👍😁

3
CB500/550 / CB550F side cover rubber grommets
« on: December 21, 2023, 01:39:24 PM »
I purchased some replacement after market rubber grommets for the side covers on EBay. These are after market cheap version. The fit is poor and virtually impossible to press the covers through the grommets even with grease. Does anyone have any recommendations on purchasing ones that fit correctly.

4
CB500/550 / Re: CB550F 1975 front indicator wiring
« on: December 09, 2023, 09:46:42 PM »
Thanks for the replies. My bike is a US import and hence the running lights and circuit. Thanks for the pointers on what to wire and what to leave off with standard indicators.  No headlight switch either, but that’s not a problem as I like it on anyway.

5
CB500/550 / CB550F 1975 front indicator wiring
« on: December 09, 2023, 10:15:21 AM »
I’m trying to figure out my front indicator wiring which has been modified and get it back to standard. The wiring diagrams show three wires at the indicator. For example the left indicator wiring is Orange, Orange and White, Green.  The Green is OK I can see the path back to earth through the chassis and head light bolts, then back to the green in the headlight bucket. The indicator light assembly I have and all the ones I have looked at have a single black wire. Which is power to the lamp and the lamp earths through the chassis. Are there lamp assemblies with a three wire connection?

6
Out & About / Re: OUT AND ABOUT 2023
« on: May 27, 2023, 02:01:54 PM »
I’m off to Sammy Millers museum tomorrow. There’s a BSA owners bash event. All welcome any bike and a look around the museum. Then on June 4 there’s a VJMC Japanese ride in day. Great day for a ride out in the New Forest

Pages: [1]