This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - DomP
1
« on: September 06, 2026, 09:47:58 PM »
I use Avon road rider mkII, without complaint.
Ive got road rider II on my cb550, i had the wheels powdercoated and have struggled to get the front seated fully. Nice looking tyre though.
2
« on: August 17, 2026, 04:54:08 PM »
I could measure the thickness of one of mine for you but I'd guess 1-1.2mm
3
« on: August 15, 2026, 12:52:25 PM »
Agreed Nige, I'll look no further until I sort this. Delta, the problem is in traffic etc im right in that problem range
4
« on: August 14, 2026, 11:27:28 PM »
Look quite stretched!
*before cleaning!
5
« on: August 14, 2026, 09:59:07 PM »
From looking through Google images it seems they have 9-10 coils when new
6
« on: August 14, 2026, 08:57:52 PM »
Thats brilliant info, thanks I'll look for some spring steel and try it, nothing to lose!
7
« on: August 14, 2026, 07:15:16 PM »
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is some of the issue, one is has a few coils less than the other
8
« on: August 14, 2026, 06:47:41 PM »
No, not managed to sort the springs yet, cant find any, would giving them a slight stretch help?
9
« on: August 14, 2026, 05:53:55 PM »
Following on from my deleted thread I have been fiddling (for want of a better word) with my carb tuning. Carbs have been balanced but are still a little unstable but as good as I could get with a Morgan carbtune. I get a good rev drop and stumbling when seating each pilot air screw so that suggests the pilot circuit is clear I believe? When warmed up after a 20 minute ride the revs are still a little unstable and im still noticing a flat spot and it struggling to raise the revs from 2500 up to 3500, after that it is very much happy to rev which is where it is most used really, its just awkward at junctions and in traffic.
Is this still just a case of me adjusting the air screw from the 1.5 turns out im using?
10
« on: August 07, 2026, 09:56:50 PM »
I know it may have caused a few disagreements but there was valuable information in my thread from Ken, Bryan, Nige and Ted regarding mixture screw settings. If this is how minor disagreements are dealt with I'm not sure this is the form for me, sure lock it but deleting it?! This has lost some useful information for users.
11
« on: July 29, 2026, 10:38:15 PM »
Welcome! Guaranteed everyone on here will help you where they can, I've never had so much help on a forum.
Where in mid Wales? I live and grew up on the mid Wales border, never left in fact.
12
« on: July 19, 2026, 06:12:19 PM »
This can become an issue on rebuilt engines as you are advised to keep the revs down for a certain period of time while the engine beds in.
13
« on: July 10, 2026, 07:13:05 PM »
Welcome Dave!
14
« on: July 10, 2026, 06:51:23 PM »
Thats like my paint tin openers, bought 5 so I dont lose them all but often misplaced them down to the last one. Normally find the all eventually- 5 currently!
15
« on: June 15, 2026, 08:16:38 PM »
Ive actually moved mine to the top (last position) in an attempt to solve the rich running i have
|