Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - jake650

Pages: [1]
1
CB650 / Re: What's going on here
« on: June 17, 2024, 07:24:12 PM »
Could well be to stop a leak. It leaks further down between head and block. Prob o ring. Was just curious in case others have done it. I have a new to replace head to solve leaking issues.

2
CB650 / Oil leak from head cb650c
« on: June 17, 2024, 09:46:46 AM »
Having to rebuild top end to cure an oil leak.
Suspect previous owner tried same but used wrong o rings.

I have bought a full gasket kit from David silvers  but told the kits rings are too small because not same size as original asbestos ones that are no longer sold

Anyone know the size I need or better can provide a source for correct size.

Reckon I'll be a frequent flyer on this forum as last engine I split was a super dream 35yrs ago. Not looking forward to it.

Manual and torque wrench at the ready, any tips appreciated lol.

I'm in UK

3
CB650 / What's going on here
« on: June 17, 2024, 09:38:14 AM »
Chemical metal has been applied to both ends. Why would someone do that and how do I get this off without damaging the shaft?

I have a replacement head I can use if need be.

4
New Member Introductions / Thanks for the add
« on: June 17, 2024, 09:17:14 AM »
Got a Cb650c RC03 engine.
About to rebuild as have an cylinder head oil leak,
Got David silvers gasket kit to do job but found out (luckily) that head I rings are too small in kit to seal it. Bike starts but needs persuasion from easy start. I have pods but bought original air box to fit after build.

Pages: [1]