Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Bryn

Pages: [1]
1
Misc / Open / Re: Honda CB400N Super Dream any good?
« on: September 23, 2024, 07:38:47 PM »
I had a brand new one in 1979…£939 on the road… did 24,000 miles on it in 2 years…and had no issues with it at all …. KLD 157V … where are you now ? 🤔

2
New Member Introductions / Re: Hi there
« on: August 04, 2024, 03:05:18 PM »
Still not 100% right despite having the reconditioned carb set on it…. Just treated the rust in the tank with Rostio followed by the emulsion stuff…. Got the tank back on this morning….

Henry must have liked it to keep it for 4 years 🤓


3
New Member Introductions / Re: Hi there
« on: August 02, 2024, 01:53:51 PM »
Hi Bryn

Welcome 😁 nice bike , I've got one too....had mine since 1988 ...I love it

Bloody hell… I wish I stuck with mine instead of the 150 other bike I’ve had since😳

4
New Member Introductions / Re: Hi there
« on: July 22, 2024, 03:51:50 PM »
Once again thanks for the welcome  8)


5
CB750 / Re: Fuel restriction.
« on: July 20, 2024, 10:39:49 AM »
Having just changed the plugs, added an in-line fuel filter and put the tank back on 10 minutes ago I notice my tap outlet goes out the back of the tap horizontally (550K3)

6
New Member Introductions / Re: Hi there
« on: July 17, 2024, 11:02:04 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome all 8)

Bryn  ;)

7
CB500/550 / Re: Paint disaster / new colour
« on: July 15, 2024, 04:29:22 PM »
At least mine was pre assembled  ;D

8
CB500/550 / Re: Paint disaster / new colour
« on: July 15, 2024, 03:42:28 PM »
I watched Greg look up the paint for the bike on the RS paints website and it came up with Candy Kent Brown

Mine was originall registered in Northern Ireland… just had a quick search on the sohc4 US forum and found this …..


‘Candy Kent Brown (code YR-3C) was used on the CB550 K3 overseas, but it’s a rarely seen color on th3 USA market bikes

Candy Garnett Brown (YR-2C) was used on the CB550K2 USA market bikes and it’s close in color to the Candy Kent Brown’


So I’d gather from that the ‘overseas’ is not USA  8)

9
CB500/550 / Re: Paint disaster / new colour
« on: July 15, 2024, 02:24:35 PM »
Thanks!

I DONT NEED TO, AS I SPOKE TO RS PAINTS TODAY AND ITS ALL SORTED!

 ;D✔️

And your wallet will be significantly lighter when you buy it  ;)

Problem is people do a good job of scanning Honda colours but don't pass on the formulations. Interesting that after I bought my Honda Nassau Blue pearl paint (to which the paint company had assigned the Honda production 'code' ) a lady called me about a month later to ask how I was getting on with the paint supplied and that if I needed advice on any other Honda bike paint to call her. As I said before I am slightly biased because RS lost my NOS part with no apology for doing so and when the WB paint aerosols spluttered didn't really try to help me other than supply new nozzles ... which made  no difference. A decent company would have replaced all cans FOC, not try to switch the blame onto the user.  Also I bought aerosols in solid colour Honda Scarlet for about 23 quid a pop (cellulose paint) and when I ordered more they told me a I needed the proper base-coat to go with it. When I asked about the basecoat price it too was £23 a can and was basically just white ground-coat, available for half that price from most pro. auto paint suppliers.

I have NEVER come across a pro painter who, by choice,  .. i.e. not dictated to by the customer, uses RS paint. They simply can't justify the cost. However, I know of painters who buy a small quantity from RS, then do a spray-out card and scan the colour or match it by eye and get it mixed themselves. They also mix candy pigment into clear binder rather than buying pre-mixed candy lacquer. https://perfectpearlsandpigments.co.uk/product-category/candy-concentrates-powders/


Just had a great paint job done on my 550K3 by a local painter… works from home… Tank completely stripped back to bare metal, dents pulled out, side panels stripped and repaired and then the whole lot painted in Candy Kent Brown…. Just checked the bottle of the spare paint he gave me (Leftover) RS Paints  8) all for £550

Greg. ….He’s on instagram …. brokespeed_Motoworks


10
New Member Introductions / Re: Hi there
« on: July 15, 2024, 02:09:58 PM »
Thanks both… Ordered what are allegedly genuine NGK plugs … I’ll see what arrives in the next few days  8)

11
New Member Introductions / Hi there
« on: July 15, 2024, 01:20:11 PM »
Afternoon all , after at least 150 bikes  ::) I’ve found myself a nice classic…. Had one back around 1980 so it’s bringing back good memories….

It’s an ex Henry Cole 550K3 which had a complete resto by him ( he probably only did the polishing) a few years back.

I’ve had the tank and side panels re painted as they weren’t quite right and  the tank had gained a couple of dents. Other than that just ordered  a set of plugs …trying to get it running nice and smooth.. it’s not far off I think…

Bryn

Pages: [1]