Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Martinf2

Pages: [1]
1
CB750 / Engine and frame numbers
« on: January 26, 2025, 03:12:16 PM »
I've got a horrible feeling I've wandered into a minefield with this one but fingers in ears - here goes.
My F2 was imported but the NOVA has gone walk about and having read about the updates the F2 engine received compared to the earlier K's, I'm keen to know how to check which country / model / year the frame and engine numbers were allocated or where I can go to research that.  I may have to get another engine for it so I need to know if the guts of the F2 engine (cylinder head aside) can be accommodated by earlier crankcases and barrels? I understand the F2 frame was raked out a little more than say the K7 / F1 frames ? How was the extra compression ratio obtained with the F2? Domed pistons or thinner head gasket? This forum has already put me straight on the compatibility of the cam carriers from earlier heads (thank you)
Engine Number is  CB750E 2600237 (could be 1 on the end instead of 7)
Frame Number is  CB750F  2107695 

At your mercy    Martin

   

2
New Member Introductions / Re: New Member from Aberdeenshire.
« on: January 20, 2025, 02:31:05 PM »
Hi Chris,  we have something in common as we both seem to be F2 people plus I've only very recently joined. Aberdeens weather  challenges the bravery on the motorcyclist doesn't it ?

3
CB750 / Re: Found a nice one
« on: January 18, 2025, 03:16:10 PM »
Ted, that's why no bike resto business will ever make any money because of people like us throwing money at these bikes because we have this perverse love of doing it, knowing full well we're down on the deal. 🙈

4
CB750 / CB750 F2 cam carrier
« on: January 18, 2025, 03:04:34 PM »
My F2 has knackered cam carrier. I know the F2 cams themselves are different from earlier ones but what about the carriers themselves ? 
Thanks.

5
New Member Introductions / Re: Its only me
« on: January 15, 2025, 07:34:49 PM »
Thanks for your welcome notes. I can see that you meet the nicest people on a CB750.... ;D

6
New Member Introductions / Its only me
« on: January 15, 2025, 12:29:03 PM »
Hi boys and girls.  I was given an F2 in boxes after the original owner started to Bob - it but gave up many years ago.  I wasn't sure if Id continue with the bobber theme but when looking at pictures of F2's realised how nice they look. So, I'm taking the return to standard route. I've had a CB500/4 and then a CB550/4 in my yoof but never the 750, so I'm really looking forward to slowly working away on this project. My first requirement is a knackered old frame because my lovely powder coated existing one has been de-lugged so I'm thinking I could cut and reweld said lugs onto this nice frame.?  It goes without saying I'll be needing your experience and knowledge here to get through.
Thanks in anticipation      Martin 

Pages: [1]