1
New Member Introductions / Re: Another Newbie
« on: June 06, 2025, 09:44:55 AM »
Thanks @spitfire. Cross channel ferry's got better brakes than my twin discs at the mo'. Will get them sorted soon I hope. Cheers Rob.
Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)
- sorry it's taken so long to fix 
|
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Pages: [1]
1
New Member Introductions / Re: Another Newbie« on: June 06, 2025, 09:44:55 AM »
Thanks @spitfire. Cross channel ferry's got better brakes than my twin discs at the mo'. Will get them sorted soon I hope. Cheers Rob.
2
New Member Introductions / Re: Another Newbie« on: June 06, 2025, 09:41:32 AM »
Thanks@taysidedragon. You are right, will definitely reroute the lines.In fact the whole set up looks unsafe. There seems to be a small homemade bracket/spacer on the right caliper mounting ! Cheers Rob.
3
New Member Introductions / Re: Another Newbie« on: June 05, 2025, 08:46:22 PM »
Hi @Laverda Dave. Not too sure wether I'll keep the cafe racer look. My aim is to resurrect the bike first then take it from there. Rear sets are not Dunstal. I may be wrong but I think they are one off. I had Dunstal tank, seat etc. on my Norton Atlas. wish I'd never sold it to Pride and Clarke. Cheers Rob.
4
New Member Introductions / Re: Another Newbie« on: June 05, 2025, 08:39:49 PM »
Johnny 4428. Thanks for the welcome. My very first time on any forum. Its going to be fun !!
5
New Member Introductions / Re: Another Newbie« on: June 05, 2025, 08:37:19 PM »
Thank you @neat street. Yes, its a great forum. Best source of info. for me. Cheers Rob.
6
New Member Introductions / Re: Another Newbie« on: June 05, 2025, 08:26:43 PM »
@McCabe-Thiele. Thanks for the advice re.Pyramid Parts. Have just ordered a tapered bearing set for headstock. Fork legs and callipers next !! Cheers Rob
7
New Member Introductions / Re: Another Newbie« on: June 05, 2025, 08:19:29 PM »
@BryanJ Thanks for the advice re. S/S pistons. I'll look at other sites as well as DS. Rob
8
New Member Introductions / Re: Another Newbie« on: June 05, 2025, 08:14:33 PM »
@Athames57 Thanks for your welcome, looking forward to spending loads of time in the garage !
9
New Member Introductions / Re: Thanks all.« on: June 04, 2025, 08:04:43 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and comments. Am starting on the front end first and see what occurs ! I know I'll have questions as I go along. Is David Silver the goto for parts ? Cheers Rob
10
New Member Introductions / Re: Another Newbie« on: June 04, 2025, 06:03:30 PM »
Hopefully photo attached. As you can see its in an "cafe racer style" though in its present condition it won't be racing anywhere. It has twin disc conversion, both calipers seized. Borrani Ali rims. Engine does run. Speedo says 24.8K miles.
Cheers 11
New Member Introductions / Re: Another Newbie« on: June 04, 2025, 05:40:02 PM »
Thanks Steve I will try again with the attachment
12
New Member Introductions / Another Newbie« on: June 04, 2025, 05:35:36 PM »
Hi all
Just to introduce myself. I have a CB750 4 K4 engine in a K2 frame (I think). Its been stood in a barn for 30 odd years so needs a lot of TLC. My first of many questions is apart from this great forum for information what (real) book would you recommend for information on restoration etc. Your comments would be appreciated [ Guests cannot view attachments ] . Cheers
Pages: [1]
|