Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Cobbo440

Pages: [1]
1
New Member Introductions / Re: Hello!
« on: July 04, 2025, 09:08:58 AM »
Is that your Norton Atlas behind the 400/4, let's see a photo please, we might be the Honda SOHC but we also enjoy other interesting bikes. Did you restore it, any before and after photos? I ask because I built a Triton.
And what is the yellow car in the background, is it a Porker?

I didn't restore the Norton but I did recommission it.  It belonged to a friend of mine. His uncle had restored it in the 90's. It had been stood for a few years but was still in lovely condition.  I always said I wanted first refusal on it and one day the phone call happened. Now she's all mine. I've had it a year now.

As for the yellow car, it is a Ferrari 456GT. It is a customers car in the workshop I am employed at. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it!

2
New Member Introductions / Re: Hello!
« on: July 04, 2025, 08:55:43 AM »
Hi Aaron

I’m just over the county border in South Somerset, and am in the (very slow!) process of restoring a 400.  The slow process is due to a combination of work, and a recent house move - hopefully get back “on the bench” soonish.  There are some great people on the forum, and locally who are very helpful with all things Honda.  I’m also a BMW rider.  Maybe arrange a meet up sometime. 

Best wishes Steve

Hi Steve. I am quite close to the Somerset boarder. I live in a Buckland Newton, a small village just outside Sherbourne. sounds like we are based quite close. A meet up would be good!

3
New Member Introductions / Hello!
« on: July 02, 2025, 09:05:13 PM »
Hi everyone, My name is Aaron and I am looking forward to becoming a part of this community. I am currently in the process of restoring my CB400F. I actually had it up for sale on eBay as an unfinished project when Laverda Dave reaches out to my on there and helped on see sense! So in a beautiful twist of fate and his recommendation, I have found myself over here. The bike is about 85% there on the process. My other bikes include an 1964 Norton Atlas and a BMW R1150 GS. A nice bit of variety. I am a mechanic so hopefully I can be of some help in the forums just as much as I am likely to need some technical advice too. And for anyone interested, I have also done some writing for an American online publication called Revzilla. Some of you may have heard of them. They have some interesting content and videos on YouTube as part of their "Common tread" blog. If you would like to read some of my work, search for Aaron Miles-Cobb on Google and my name will pop up with a link to Revzilla in the search results. Again, really looking forward to becoming a part of the community.

Aaron

Pages: [1]