Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Chris Wilson

Pages: [1]
1
Out & About / Re: CB 750 race bike
« on: March 24, 2026, 08:51:36 PM »
Thanks it will be full on that's for sure.
The RS 1000 has been a great bike to build own and ride very rarely goes wrong and pretty quick too.
Ciao Chris

2
Out & About / Re: CB 750 race bike
« on: March 24, 2026, 11:01:24 AM »
Hi John
    I have some bikes out in the Barry Sheene parade as well but only 1 Honda which is the Alex George Mick Grant twice TT winning RS 1000 but also have a car out so a busy weekend ahead.......

3
Out & About / CB 750 race bike
« on: March 23, 2026, 09:52:39 PM »
Hi Everyone.
 If any of you are at the upcoming Goodwood Members Meeting I will be there and Maria Costello will be riding my CB 750 race bike.
Please come and say Hi and we can chat about CB 750's! Please note it is not a CR750 replica but more like a CB 750 club racer.
Ciao
Chris Wilson

4
Where's My Old Bike? / Re: CB750 OFG17H
« on: January 25, 2026, 08:24:07 PM »
I'm happy to say that I am also back in contact with Merrick Loggin who bought OFG17H from Alastair and then sold it to me.
I wouldn't have been to get this far without the SOHC chat group.
I will post any more details when I get them.
Ciao
Chris

5
CB750 / Re: Honda CB750 Four Bargain of the week
« on: January 18, 2026, 09:04:27 PM »
Hi there,
 I am looking for several parts for a Pre K0 750, would you do a bulk postage?
Many thanks
Ciao
Chris 

6
New Member Introductions / Re: New member details
« on: January 15, 2026, 08:21:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum Chris.
That a very eclectic collection of CB750’s with unique histories.
I remember Classic Bike Magazine wrote a feature not that long ago about Julian Soper with a few photos.
The bike you mention was probably featured and I also remember a reader writing in the following month with a few extra details.
I remember Julian riding back in the mid/late 70’s when I first got into the world of dirty, smelly motorcycles!
Julian was a lovely bloke and a great rider. I'm proud to have the bike and I have loads of history with it.
Ciao

7
New Member Introductions / Re: New member details
« on: January 13, 2026, 06:09:54 PM »
Hi Bryan,
  thanks for that I will try to remember the correct terminology. Curiously I looked/searched in the old posts and in 2014 somebody was searching for my early bike by registration which is OFG 17 H but I can't see the post at the moment. I hope I can make contact to get some back history which I really enjoy doing.
 

8
New Member Introductions / New member details
« on: January 13, 2026, 04:28:29 PM »
Hi there folks.
    I am a new member to the group and wanted to reach out.
I live in Kent and have a collection of bikes but more pertinently I have 4 CB750 SOHC bikes. One has a Rob North Chassis and was raced in period by Julian Soper (called the Hadleigh Honda) The engine is a genuine factory CR750 (verified by HRC) but to all intents and purposes is very much the same as CB's. Up and running and still regularly races.
Next I have a June 1970 red Pre K1 or whatever the correct designation is if somebody can clarify but NOT a sandcast. Currently in restoration to standard condition. Always UK registered.
Then I have a K1 which I built from a Frame and engine to standard condition which has been borrowed by Honda for publicity launches in Europe a few times and many journalists have ridden it. Originally (I believe) a US machine
Lastly I have a CB750 race bike which is regularly raced at the Goodwood Members meeting which loosely resembles a CR 750 but is not an attempt at a replica in any way. Will be at Goodwood again this year.
Looking forwards to hearing from you.
Ciao
Chris

Pages: [1]