Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Treve

Pages: [1]
1
CB750 / Re: CB750 K6 fuel tap repair kit
« on: April 05, 2026, 10:55:49 AM »
Halo everyone.
I hade mine K6 fuel tap apart last week. The critical part in this is the small plastic cone with hole that can get scratched on its surface and leek. This must be a typical piece to be made by a decent good 3D-printer. Careful measurement and CAD drawing should give us access to spare parts for this one too. I am not at all knowledgeable in this technology but have seen amazing 3D prints.
Just a thought.
Anders

2
CB750 / Re: Front brake pads
« on: February 23, 2026, 08:40:01 PM »
Ferodo has only organic rear set to offer. Nothing for the front. According to my seek on there web sight. Sadly

3
CB750 / Re: Front brake pads
« on: February 23, 2026, 05:59:20 PM »
Interesting "Ken4004"

But what are OE brake pads for our 50+ CB machines. Original it was asbestos brakes pads. I can't just accept that it says "OE" on something I buy in this case.

Even clean organic pads were sold as OE once upon a time. And those made no biker happy - or am I wrong.

Your "Key Consid....  statement feels much nicer to relate to. If all sellers also could explain what they actually are selling, most people would drive with the right type of brake pads fore there type of bikes.

4
CB750 / Re: Front brake pads
« on: February 23, 2026, 04:26:17 PM »
Thanks "K2-K6"
I realise that what you write is completely correct. If the brake calipers are not working as they should and are adjusted correctly, there can be no braking regardless of which pads are installed.

But I would like to know what I put in the brake calipers and what properties each pad has. I don't like buying a pig in a poke. I refuse to buy NOS or "original" brake pads without knowing how they are constructed. "Original" is not a given advantage for me when it comes to brake shoes.

I've read quite a bit about the CB750's disc brakes on two or three different SOHC forums without Brembo being mentioned before. I've also recently been on Nissin's website and searched. They don't make anything for the CB750 69-76 but they do have alternatives for the F models and up. A quite interesting line-up.

During my search for alternatives to undefined NOS and "original" parts, I have come across the following interesting manufacturers' offerings at this moment:
- EBC FA012V
- Brembo 07HO02-29
- SBS 502HF

Then there is a flood of unspecified brake pads everywhere on the web. It's sad that the sellers aren't more careful about saying what they actually are selling. A lot of it is probably good stuff. Others are best suited as paperweights.

Interesting if the forum members could fill my list with more well-functioning brake pads for our SOHCs.


5
CB750 / Re: Front brake pads
« on: February 22, 2026, 09:01:47 PM »
Thank you both for your thoughts "Ted" and "K2-K6". Interesting to read because I have never heard about Brembo pads to our 50+ year bikes before. I was a little suspicious to that "carbon ceramics"-naming. But with your comments I am prepared to give it a go. I will give a revue later on.
Thanks

6
CB750 / Re: Front brake pads
« on: February 22, 2026, 02:21:09 PM »
Since Brembo makes these, someone should have tested them and have some kind of opinion. I have steel braided brake hoses and now I'm going to choose brake shoes.
I have EBC FA012V and these Brembo pads as my main options. Maybe it doesn't matter which ones I choose.

7
CB750 / Re: Front brake pads
« on: February 22, 2026, 10:30:24 AM »
Halo - new on the forum
Bringing this brake thread to life. Does anyone have experience with the Brembo pads 07HO0229 for our CB750K0-K6? It´s a so called "Carbon Ceramic pad.

Pages: [1]