Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Stokie

Pages: [1]
1
CB350/400 / Another carb question
« on: June 21, 2026, 11:23:48 AM »
Not had my 400/4 long so I'm going through it bit by bit and apart from a carb strip and rebuild I'm nearly done. The carbs are going to have the lot done,jets needle,floats and rubbers and once done I'll be using fuel stabiliser and hopefully they won't need to come off again soon. Now do you guys buy David silver kits or have any of you used the cheaper kits that are for sale everywhere and found them to be of good quality. Your wisdom will be gratefully received. 

2
CB350/400 / Re: handlebars
« on: May 30, 2026, 09:32:52 AM »
Thanks guys,I can handle changing the electrics and cables so it's good to know somethings out there.

3
CB350/400 / handlebars
« on: May 27, 2026, 04:36:39 PM »
Hi I'm wondering if anyone has fitted higher bars,have not had my 400/4 long and it's a riding project with a few jobs to do but I suffer with a bad back so would like to sit up more straight when riding. Have done this with my more modern bikes and perhaps someone on here could point me in the right direction for even genuine bars off another Honda model. Thanks.

4
New Member Introductions / Re: Newbie
« on: May 02, 2026, 11:03:46 AM »
Hi everybody thanks for the welcome, I can technically do all the stuff I mentioned but as always thanks for any advice,always welcome. Its more really having been away from older bikes it;s where to find stuff and in some cases like the fork sliders there's no bushes so presumably there must be some way that you guys have come across or invented to cure the wear, I can't imagine new one's are available. Thanks. 

5
New Member Introductions / Re: Newbie
« on: May 02, 2026, 10:48:25 AM »
Hi Stoke welcome to the forum , what did you do at Honda ?

Hi in the 1970s Honda had a technical center at Power road in Chiswick London. We got all the new stuff for evaluation before it went out to dealers,it was really cool we got to ride stuff that people had only seen at the shows,the big one's for me were the first Goldwings and also the cx500. All dealer technicians came to us for training and perhaps a little known fact was that because the Goldwings had so much new tech (for then) a dealer could not have one in their showroom till the technician had been on a course. Sorry for rabbiting on. 

6
New Member Introductions / Newbie
« on: May 01, 2026, 10:33:20 AM »
Hi folks, recently got myself a cb400/4. Been riding about 55years and was working for Honda when these first came out. Obviously had loads of bikes of different makes in between but now I'm getting on in years have decided to concentrate on restoring older bikes (I also have a Suzuki gs550e as a long term project). This Honda is a running project and not to bad,needs carb rebuild and chain and sprockets but I can still go out for a couple of hour rides on her. More of a problem is the forks are knocking quite badly and I don't think it's the head bearings so if any of you guys have intimate knowledge of fixes that would be great. Well I've always found the people on most bike forums are great so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one. Thanks.   

Pages: [1]