Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Gaz_hay

Pages: [1]
1
CB350/400 / Re: 1997 CB400 Four charging issue 🤯
« on: May 06, 2026, 08:20:49 PM »
Sorry about the delay, finally had time to dig the old girl out and do more checks - thanks to your lot I’m finally getting somewhere can’t thank you enough

I’ve tested the black wire with ignition on and I have 12v …. When. It’s connected to the regulator/ rectifier there is no 12v coming out of the white wire to the field coil (my understanding this should have the 12v the black supplies )

Forgot to mention mine had the new style regulator / rectifier all in one not the one you can adjust …
 Have attached picture (to show what it looks like offline ) 😇

2
CB350/400 / Re: 1997 CB400 Four charging issue 🤯
« on: May 04, 2026, 07:33:36 PM »
Thanks guys, will double check the black wires tomorrow and white as mentioned above, wil also double check all connections and bullet connectors … will update you all tomorrow 👍 thanks all for the input would be lost without the help much appreciated

3
CB350/400 / Re: 1997 CB400 Four charging issue 🤯
« on: May 04, 2026, 01:38:30 PM »
I have no field coil activity by the looks with the ignition on the coil is not magnetised,  does anyone know what the resistance between the green and white wire to the coil should be or any other tests I should do before swapping out the field coil
Thanks


Have got the side cover completely off and added 12v down the white and earth down the green and my coil is working fine,
I’ve checked white wire out of the regulator and no 12v is being sent to the coil hence no charging  (I’m guessing )
By reading up…. I’m sure the black wire to the regulator is the 12v ign feed and also shows the regulator the charging status …. So next test would be to see if I have any voltage on the black wire with the ignition on… thinking this is correct 👍

4
CB350/400 / Re: 1997 CB400 Four charging issue 🤯
« on: May 04, 2026, 12:27:40 PM »
I have no field coil activity by the looks with the ignition on the coil is not magnetised,  does anyone know what the resistance between the green and white wire to the coil should be or any other tests I should do before swapping out the field coil
Thanks

5
CB350/400 / Re: 1997 CB400 Four charging issue 🤯
« on: May 03, 2026, 08:49:10 AM »
Thanks everyone for the info / replies
Will try and get my head around diagrams etc that have been attached, I’ve also checked all the plugs on the charging system and all in good condition not corroded.
I will check the magnetised idea on side cover later ….

Thanks for baring with me I’m not the best on electrics or even using the internet forum.


Much appreciated 👍👍👍

6
CB350/400 / 1997 CB400 Four charging issue 🤯
« on: May 02, 2026, 10:31:34 PM »
Good evening,

I have recently purchased a Honda CB400 Four
1977
I’m planning on restoring bits myself , but I have no idea where to start on the charging issue, I have use of a multi meter and some basic knowledge on using it…
But I have zero knowledge on the cb charging set up , and never had any knowledge or experience with the stator especially with a “field coil”

Hopefully some gurus on this group can help me out , any information or ideas where to check would be much much appreciated 👍👍👍

Pages: [1]