Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - SDG1976

Pages: [1]
1
New Member Introductions / Re: Hi Everyone
« on: July 30, 2026, 12:58:31 PM »
Thanks to all for the welcome and advice. I am in Llandrindod. Here's a a pic of the yellow peril - which obviously shouldn't be yellow and which doesn't look like a G5 :) the bits I think are not G5 are a good condition seat (350?) which doesn't fit, the exhausts, the rear shocks, the rear mudguard, rear light and handlebars. Most bits seem to be  period correct. The tank I am undecided on as it looks the right shape but is smooth and doesn't have any badge fixings as these are stuck on. Any advice on these would be great  :)
ps any reason why I can't answer july to the verification question

2
New Member Introductions / Hi Everyone
« on: July 29, 2026, 06:55:58 PM »
Hi, I am a newbie to the group. I am retired and live in mid-Wales though that's a fairly recent move from my Essex homeland, basically following children and grandchildren. Having just purchased my first classic bike, a 1976 CB250 G5, I already have several questions as, whilst it appears sound underneath, it has several non-standard parts and understanding where these are from and what should be on it is a proving a bit difficult. I would like to get it back to a more standard look. Anyone with knowledge of the G5 would be a great help to me. I also have a RE Interceptor which I have played with a little but really wanted to delve a bit deeper into spannering, hence, the CB. Cheers

Pages: [1]