1
New Member Introductions / Re: Hello from a newbie
« on: August 05, 2026, 10:23:19 AM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Hi — thanks for the warm welcome and the comments.
The bike’s fully rideable at the moment and I’m enjoying every minute of it.
Although it’s technically exempt, it sailed through its MOT with no advisories,
There’s definitely some engine work lined up for winter: the rattling cam chain needs attention, and I’ll be fettling the clutch whilst in there.
The forums have already been a huge help — the slight off/on feeling while riding now seems almost certainly down to the cush washers, so they’re on the list too.
I am really fortunate to have a polymath friend with a well‑equipped workshop and a wealth of mechanical and tuning experience, which makes the deeper jobs far less daunting.
Aesthetically, the tank has a couple of crazed patches that I actually quite like — they suit the bike’s age.
Both side panels were replaced last week and painted in Duplicolor Milano Red (another great SOHC tip), and the match is remarkably close.
And yes, I’m taking the rabbit‑hole warnings seriously.
I’m resisting the urge to blitz everything at once — partly for sanity and partly to avoid emptying the bank account in one heroic weekend.
Adrian
Hi — thanks for the warm welcome and the comments.
The bike’s fully rideable at the moment and I’m enjoying every minute of it.
Although it’s technically exempt, it sailed through its MOT with no advisories,
There’s definitely some engine work lined up for winter: the rattling cam chain needs attention, and I’ll be fettling the clutch whilst in there.
The forums have already been a huge help — the slight off/on feeling while riding now seems almost certainly down to the cush washers, so they’re on the list too.
I am really fortunate to have a polymath friend with a well‑equipped workshop and a wealth of mechanical and tuning experience, which makes the deeper jobs far less daunting.
Aesthetically, the tank has a couple of crazed patches that I actually quite like — they suit the bike’s age.
Both side panels were replaced last week and painted in Duplicolor Milano Red (another great SOHC tip), and the match is remarkably close.
And yes, I’m taking the rabbit‑hole warnings seriously.
I’m resisting the urge to blitz everything at once — partly for sanity and partly to avoid emptying the bank account in one heroic weekend.
Adrian
