Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Matt1976

Pages: [1]
1
New Member Introductions / Re: CB550 F 1976
« on: September 09, 2026, 02:38:37 PM »
Thanks all for the suggestions somethings to further dig into.

Yes it was crank (probably not the correct terminology) and not the crankshaft that was within the ignition points that was out of shape hence the advice was to put electronic ignition (invested in a good quality one). The valve clearances have all been checked as well.

Based in North Wales UK

2
New Member Introductions / Re: CB550 F 1976
« on: September 09, 2026, 07:17:00 AM »
I had carbs cleaned and all seals replaced as they were all brittle and leaking petrol, I was assured at the time it was all balanced and it did run for about 20 miles with no problems but know since all the stuff that I mentioned has been replaced it’s running like a bag of nails! Will go back to the carbs!

3
New Member Introductions / Re: CB550 F 1976
« on: September 08, 2026, 09:12:12 PM »
Sorry volts! I had the Carbs refurb with an after market needle, jet kit and seals!

4
New Member Introductions / CB550 F 1976
« on: September 08, 2026, 08:26:26 PM »
Hi all, new to the forum and having been enjoying my CB550 F for a couple of years right up to this summer when I started having problems.

It lacks power under weight like it’s missing and won’t tick over. What had replaced so far:

New battery, coil pack spark plugs, converted to electronic ignition (old crank was bent) getting 13amps back to the battery over 2000 revs. Checked and adjusted the valves. Carbs cleaned new jets and set up.

I’m at loss now as what could be wrong, has suggested replacing the alternator?

Thanks

Pages: [1]