This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - simongi
1
« on: April 17, 2013, 04:20:08 PM »
Hi Petar the cost of sending the muguard to Serbia is something in the region of £30-50 (uk pounds) depending on the service/company used. I hope this helps Cheers Simon
2
« on: May 22, 2012, 05:32:48 PM »
Hi Semus
No it does not seem to disengage, and the lever doesn't feel right when you pull it in. As you pull it the cam in the case is turning but does not seem to be pushing the clutch apart if that makes sense!!
I'm in the middle of stripping it out again to see If I've missed something really stupid. I'll let you know how I get on Thanks. Simon
3
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:32:47 AM »
I have just put in new clutch plates on my F2 rebuild. I soaked them in oil before installation. Now its in and cabled up it doesn't seem to work. I was a bit suspicious when I fitted it as the adjustment screw had to wound in below the outer side of the locking nut. I stripped it out again thinking I had missed a part out, but checking the parts list it all seems okay. Am I missing something here. There is no oil in the engine yet, but surely the clutch should work at this stage. Any idea's anyone?  Cheers Simon
4
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »
Thanks for all the info. Have managed to get a breather from the states through Ebay. The element requires replacement but now its ready to go. Cheers guys
5
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:22:24 AM »
Hi
I have been using one of those orange fibre wheels in the end of the drill. Its not to aggressive and its quite quick. I put my drill in the vice and off you go. But please use goggles. Some might disagree on this method, but you can only try it yourself. Good luck
6
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:02:35 AM »
Hi Guys On my F2, not quite sure if there should be a crankcase breather manifold, with the exit pipe with a plug on it, or does it just vent to overboard. There isn't one fitted, plus I can't see to see part number on the CMNSL parts listing. The K series maintenace manual says there is one fitted. Has been removed on the later F2? CHeers Simon
7
« on: April 11, 2012, 11:26:11 AM »
I have restored my F2 wheels, but I just spent a lot of time internally cleaning with emery paper and a lot of patience. I masked them off neatly for spraying. They don't look to bad. If you do de rivet them you will need a professional rivet gun a blocks, and as mentioned the exact spec for rivets. I don't know the spec but if its aero spec contact Light Aero Spares (google) they may be able to help. This is part of my job as an aero engineer. Stick with Plan A, it would be easier. Good luck
8
« on: April 11, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »
Thanks Guys. Again very good info from this brilliant forum.
9
« on: April 05, 2012, 09:05:09 AM »
HI Guys
Can anyone out there confirm exactly what p/n the piston rings are for my F2. I've been reading some info on the US site and I.m doubting my own research!! The engine no is B750GE 1006436. Just below the gudgeon pin hole is printed 392 and a 7. The Pistons appear to be STD.(can't see any numbers stamped on top) The number I think I need is 13011-392-004.
Also I've been a plonker and wiped off some of my marks on top of the piston. Does the big 'dot' face fwd or aft on installation?
Thanks
Simon
10
« on: March 06, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »
Hi Yes I'm sorted now, however the side panels have to be gold to match the tank, and mine are silver!! Just another issue to sort out.
Thanks for the offer, Cheers
Simon
11
« on: January 20, 2012, 09:09:05 AM »
Okay, I've just been reading all the scary stories of oil issues with reassembling the head. Is there a good bible out there so I can get it right. All I have is the the old Haynes. THis may be okay, but I'm sure someone knows different........... Cheers
Simon
12
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:59:48 AM »
thanks Amos. Good advice.
13
« on: January 19, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
At looooong last I'm about to start painting my F2 engine black. I see you can get simoniz motor cycle heat dispersant paint. Has anyone used it? Or can you recommend something else. I want to get it right because the original paint has 80% all come off. I've bead blasted the engine bits and will etch prime before application of top coat.Cheers. Simon
14
« on: January 19, 2012, 09:44:53 AM »
Hi Amos
Sorry I missed your mail. I've just found some in the states off ebay. I will see what they are like when when they turn up. If they are rubbish I'll contact you again. cheers
15
« on: December 05, 2011, 04:01:13 PM »
HI. Anyone know where to get a couple of Honda supersport tank emblems for my F2. I've been keeping an eye on ebay and david silvers . The 'honda' is available (but expenseive) but the supersport is a problem. Any ideas welcome. Simon
|