Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - neilma

Pages: [1]
1
CB350/400 / Re: What length Brake Hose
« on: June 13, 2011, 02:23:03 PM »
Just to close this down - I purchased a 31 Inch length hose, with a Straight Banjo at one end (probably with hindsight would have got a 20 degree bent one, but the straight works ok). At the other end, I specified a M1.25 Concave fitting. This then bolts straight into the caliper.


2
CB350/400 / Re: What length Brake Hose
« on: April 17, 2011, 07:57:12 PM »
Thanks for the photo 470Four! I hadnt thought  ::) to try a banjo bolt in there :) On previous pictures I had seen it looked like the end of the hose had a threaded end which wound straight into the caliper which meant you could do away with the banjo fitting (and bolt) and just wind the hose straight into the caliper.

Anyway, thanks for your help guys - shall get on the phone to Hel tomorrow and get some hose ordered up!

Cheers
Neil

3
CB350/400 / Re: What length Brake Hose
« on: April 14, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »
Brilliant ! Thanks very much. Thats exactly what I want to do (but using the std MC so I will use a banjo brake switch instead of your micro switch). So I think all i need to know now is what is the name of the fitting that goes into the caliper (or the thread size etc) ?
Thx

4
CB350/400 / What length Brake Hose
« on: April 13, 2011, 11:52:28 AM »
Hi all,

I want to replace the existing rubber and copper pipe work and switch on my 400/4 and have a braided steel brake hose running from the master cylinder direct to the caliper.
Has anyone else done this and can remember the length I need to order? Also what fittings would I need to specify (I know its a banjo at the lever end, but at the caliper its a screw in thread - whats that called?)

Thanks
Neil

5
CB350/400 / Re: crank shells
« on: April 06, 2011, 08:48:32 PM »
As far as I can remember, they arent on a 400/4. The only way is to measure the gaps with plastiguage then work out if its within spec. If not, then you get the coloured shells to make up or reduce the gaps.

6
CB350/400 / Re: head bearings
« on: December 10, 2010, 08:45:24 PM »
Hi Steve,

I just fitted these myself this week.. The quick answer to your question is that the washer that came with the kit goes on the stem 1st then the race.

I worked this out by building on my bench the lower race (inlcuding a few of the balls) to get the height of the original lower bearing race. Then put the new one up against it. To make them the same height the washer was required.

Anyway, I fitted the race to the stem (I put the stem in the freezer overnight) and then put the bearing in the oven for a while and used a piece of 1.25" PVC pipe to bang it on. I then reused the rubber washer by stretching it back over the race to rest between the race and the washer. You can then reuse the original washer and chrome nut on the top.
Hope that helps


Pages: [1]