1
CB500/550 / Re: Handlebar Measurement needed
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:52:18 PM »
Well a :Dt least it wont get rusty LOL
Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)
- sorry it's taken so long to fix 
|
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Pages: [1]
1
CB500/550 / Re: Handlebar Measurement needed« on: January 11, 2011, 10:52:18 PM »
Well a :Dt least it wont get rusty LOL
2
CB500/550 / Re: Handlebar Measurement needed« on: January 11, 2011, 09:58:04 AM »
Yes but what bars? Is there an equivalent OEM still obtainable?
David Silver and CMSNL both indicate not obtainable. 3
CB500/550 / Handlebar Measurement needed« on: January 10, 2011, 11:35:22 PM »
Hi
Does anyone have the dimensions for standard CB500K1 handlebars and maybe where can I get the same? Cheers 4
CB500/550 / Re: So what model IS my 500/4« on: January 10, 2011, 11:11:42 AM »
Hi
Thanks for everyones help on the model I.D.. My conclusion is its a 1974 reg. K1. Frame no. CB500 20562** The clutch cable IS on the left, so A PO has changed the top yoke and fitted CB550 idiot lights and center ignition lock. I wondered why there was a top and bottom yoke in the spares box but no clock plate, darn. Question is will the K1 top yoke slip on the existing bottom yoke? Anyone I guess I will have to find a K1 handlebar bridge with wiring, K1 lock and lock holder and clock plate. Anyone got these lying about? Cheers 5
CB500/550 / Re: So what model IS my 500/4« on: January 07, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »
Fazer1K
Do you know I can vaguely remember 2 550's being sold at the same time - small world - and we're still alive, for the time being. Bryanj Thanks for that... of course it all makes sense know. I wondered why Honda would move the clutch mechanism on the later CB500 as it would have been an expensive procedure for just a tad more reliability. I guess they were keeping the CB500 going for a little longer while using CB550 parts. I have noticed that the top yoke is also different to take the ignition lock. Any idea what else is different? The bike I have got does not have the chrome trim round the bottom of the tank, but it might have fell off I suppose. I presume the carbs and cam would be the same as a CB500K2? Steve Yeah small world. 6
CB500/550 / Re: So what model IS my 500/4« on: January 06, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »
Hi Steve
Well I may very well have sold you that bike as I worked there in sales from when it opened -I think 1977 till about 1982. The owner was Mike Harrington and I remember I worked with a guy called John #@%$ - who died last November from bowel cancer I have just found out. Anyway from further research on the CMSNL.com website there was a CB500K3 FOUR (EUROPEAN DIRECT SALES) which has the center lock and idiot lights - I guess towards the end of the CB500 life they had to raid the parts bin. Did you do the restoration on the bike in the pic - By the way how much did you get for that beautiful mint 550/K3? Cheers T_revs 7
CB500/550 / Re: So what model IS my 500/4« on: January 06, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »
Hi
So Steve/Bryanj thanks for that. Steve are you talking about a 500K3 or a 550K3? BTW I worked for HGB in Harrow, Acton and Ruislip for my sins. They were affectionately known as Hackit, Grabit and Bodgit. You said you swapped the tank and seat - what is the difference between them? According to the American site a 500K3 has the clutch cable on the right side crankcase - is this true? Did a 500K3 come with the center lock and idiot lights as standard? Cheers for your help T_revs 8
CB500/550 / So what model IS my 500/4« on: January 06, 2011, 12:02:07 AM »
Hi All
Could anyone tell me exactly which model my 500/4 is? Registered 1974 Frame CB50020562** Engine CB500E 21453** Idiot lights and ignition key between the clocks like a 400/4 Cheers 9
New Member Introductions / Hi to all you CB500/4ers« on: January 05, 2011, 11:49:13 PM »
Hi All
Hey the drinks are on me. Thought I'd introduce myself. Just got a basket case 500/4 ripe for restoration... I hope. I had one in the late seventies bought from HGB Motorcycles in Harrow, North London. Ah those were the days. Cheers Lads and Ladies
Pages: [1]
|