Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - randka

Pages: [1]
1
CB350/400 / Re: DVLA
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:01:51 PM »
thanks for all the replys, they really are doing my head in at the moment, they have just left another message on my phone today from Swansea telling me what my local office has told me, so frustrating.

2
CB350/400 / DVLA
« on: August 22, 2011, 07:26:35 PM »
I am going around in circles dealing with the DVLA at the moment, I cannot find my log book for my CB400F which I have owned for nearly 30 years, as I haven't ridden it for a number of years it seemed a good idea to freshen it up and get riding it again, I applied for a new log book and they soon cashed my cheque, they are now saying the VIN  I have sent does not match the number plate , now the problems have begun, this bike had one previous local owner which showed at my local DVLA , they now want me to register the bike again.....

3
CB350/400 / Re: 400/4 Gunked up carbs - Help.
« on: June 17, 2011, 05:28:06 PM »
Total cycle cleaner S100 is good, recently had my carbs stripped down , all I can say is if you think something needs replacing do it, I thought I could get away with giving the brass a thorough clean but sometimes you have accept items need replacing, bike was running great to start with but now I have the carbs off again to replace the pilot jets and float valves, all great fun.

4
CB350/400 / Re: Fuel tap 400/4
« on: May 31, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »
Hi Steve, I have had the tap apart a couple of times to clean etc because of the leak, there is an O ring type gasket in there so I assume its not doing its job because of age, I thought I could just get one easily but it hasn't been the case.

5
CB350/400 / Fuel tap 400/4
« on: May 30, 2011, 02:05:57 PM »
Has anybody got any tips for stopping a weeping fuel tap, I recently replaced the strainer and rubber washer with a kit supplied by Silvers but they dont stock a rebuid kit for the tap body, it seems to be weeping were the turn key is , I have tried everything so any ideas would be appreciated

6
CB350/400 / Re: rear foot rests
« on: April 25, 2011, 09:21:36 AM »
Can't help with the bolts, but on my 1975 400/4 which I have owned for 27 years the rear foot rests have always been bolted on via the bottom bolt on the rear shocks, its only recently I have noticed on photos that the foot rests look like they are bolted to the swing arm, driving me mad now so if any one could enlighten me whats correct I would appreciate it, there is nothing like marks to suggest they were bolted anywhere other than where they are now.

7
CB350/400 / Re: flasher relay
« on: April 25, 2011, 09:15:02 AM »
thanks for the replys, wemoto.com look like they might do one so will give them a try, although it will be a 2 pin one , I assume you just leave the earth off.

8
CB350/400 / flasher relay
« on: April 19, 2011, 09:20:12 PM »
can any one recommend a supplier for a flasher relay for my CB400/4, Silvers replied to my email today to tell me they cant help me, google didn't really come up with anything either, cheers.

9
CB350/400 / Re: CARBS
« on: April 19, 2011, 09:15:02 PM »
Carbs are back on and the old bike fired up straight away, noticed the off side outer exhaust was luke warm so had to take the carbs back off and found the pilot jet was still blocked although I thought I had cleaned it, any way carbs back on and it sounds good, obviously it will want tuning up properly and I won't know how its running until I take it down the road.

10
CB350/400 / Re: CARBS
« on: April 07, 2011, 05:44:04 PM »
thanks for putting the photos on, my brass ware isn't as bad as yours but need cleaning, my pilot jets are blocked I didn't realise, the hole is so small they are difficult to unblock, a calm hour is required or buy some new ones although I don't like to give up.
super cycle cleaner S100 is very good for cleaning the surface of your carbs inside and out also WD40, worked for me anyway, if any one can guide me to a good item to clean that hole in the pilot jet I would appreciate it

11
CB350/400 / Re: CARBS
« on: April 04, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »
thanks for the replies, I have rebuilt the carbs and have put two back together, I had a feeling there might be a hole through them, they are blocked then I will have to have another look , like you say I may have to buy some new ones

12
CB350/400 / CARBS
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:28:02 PM »
 Daft question, I am in the process of rebuilding and giving my carbs  a good clean on my CB 400F, could any one tell me if on the pilot jets there is a hole which goes straight through, end to end. I have owned this bike for over 25 years and has been off the road for a couple of years so is in need of cleaning, any tips would be appreciated

Pages: [1]