1
CB750 / Re: Wiring help needed
« on: October 04, 2026, 09:29:55 AM »
pm sent
Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)
- sorry it's taken so long to fix 
|
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to. 2
CB750 / Re: Wiring help needed« on: October 03, 2026, 05:06:19 PM »You should find these helpful, one was composed by a member here, the second I found on the www. Many thanks 5
CB750 / Wiring help needed« on: October 03, 2026, 01:35:58 PM »
A few weeks ago I disassembled the front end on my K5 for a clean and refurb. As wiring is my achilies heel I took a lot of photographs of the birds nest in the headlight bucket as I knew I'd come unstuck once the time came to plug in the wires bd I had no reference points , since my phone decided to not automatically back up my photos I'm now in a pickle as I have no reference for the wiring.
Some wires are colour coded and easy to work out but there are others that I'm having problems with. My question is, does anyone have a fool proof way of explaining to me which wires go where? Or better still have time to come over and give me a hand in person (tea and biscuits provided or some beer tokens can be given). I did find a clip on YouTube but the wiring was for a cb 350 and not all the wires are colour coded the same as mine so it was only half useful. I'm located between Stratford upon Avon and Evesham so if anyone can help then please let me know. Thanks in advance. 6
CB750 / Re: Aftermarket mudguards, are they hit and miss and should I....« on: September 26, 2026, 06:36:23 PM »I’ve used a company called Silchrome in Leeds many times. You can email in a picture(s) of the items you want chroming, put a ruler scale / tape measure next to the item for dimensional reference and they can quote based on the pics. I'm already sorted for a chromer. 7
CB750 / Re: Aftermarket mudguards, are they hit and miss and should I....« on: September 25, 2026, 08:11:15 PM »
It's a company I've used before when I built a couple of choppers back in the early 2000s, they were in magazines ad on display at the nec at one of the custom shows, the chrome is still good all these years later.
8
CB750 / Re: Aftermarket mudguards, are they hit and miss and should I....« on: September 25, 2026, 04:24:59 PM »
I think that's the route I'm going as I've been given a quote for rechroming and it's a lot better than I expected.
9
CB750 / Re: Aftermarket mudguards, are they hit and miss and should I....« on: September 25, 2026, 07:15:02 AM »
I'm guessing David Silver will use one of the manufacturers from the countries I've mentioned, if so, I'm wondering which one is the better option?
10
CB750 / Aftermarket mudguards, are they hit and miss and should I....« on: September 25, 2026, 06:41:43 AM »
Just get the ones on my K5 rechromed? I recently purchased a front mudguard from The Classic Bike shop in Redditch in a word the guard seemed decent quality but the front stays were about an inch too short of the mounting holes so back it went.
On the bay there are 2 sellers, one Indian and the other Thai or Vietnamese, both have similar looking items and labelled for a k2 to k6 but at different prices, will it be a regret buying these regarding fit and finish or should I cut my losses and get my original items rechromed and save myself the hassle? 11
CB750 / Re: Where to source decals in the UK for....« on: September 18, 2026, 01:51:09 PM »Hi, here’s a piece of advice: be careful where you buy the decals for that tank. Most of the ones sold don't have the correct dimensions because they are too large to be printed on the machines that most of us in this line of work use (including well-known British and American decal manufacturers). I could make them, but I don't for that very reason: they wouldn't be accurate, Would they work? Yes... Would they look good? Yes... But they wouldn't be perfect—which is why, unlike otivrcher sellers, I don't list them on my eBay page.I've had the tank resprayed the decal only had a couple of small marks so they've been blown in so no need for a decal in the end but cheers for the reply. 12
CB750 / Re: Where to source decals in the UK for....« on: September 17, 2026, 10:59:27 AM »
Now sorted, thanks to those that replies.
13
CB750 / Re: Where to source decals in the UK for....« on: September 10, 2026, 07:10:14 PM »
Ok, I've managed to find the Preserve Nature decal so just the large tank one is still needed.
14
CB750 / Where to source decals in the UK for....« on: September 10, 2026, 06:43:54 PM »
A CB750K5, I'm after the side panel with stripe that are located on the side of the tank as per my US import? I've managed to find the odd one on Temu (unsure of the quality but seller has 100% feedback for what that's worth?) and also spotted one on an Italian website but the cost of the decal plus tax and shipping makes it too expensive. I'm also looking for the "Preserve nature" warning decal that is located by the petrol cap.
If anyone knows of any UK based sellers please let me know or leave a link, thanks. PS...I spoke to a chap at David Silver who didn't have any or knew of where to source some and also the chap at Classic Bike Imports in Worcester who did say that there are/were UK sellers but he couldn't remember any specifics
15
CB750 / A question regarding swapping a US spec rear light...« on: September 05, 2026, 11:50:44 AM »
for a smaller UK spec, is it possible to keep the original US spec rear bracket or are the bolt holes for the rear light too far apart?
thanks. |