Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - daveh

Pages: [1]
1
CB750 / Re: help...leaking overflow...again
« on: June 12, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »
Check that the overflow tube in the float bowel is not leaking. I found one of mine had a pin hole in it not visible to the eye which was causing the leak from the overflow. New piece of brass tube cut to the appropiate length sorted the problem. But it took numerous carb strip downs before finding the cause.
Dave.

2
CB750 / Re: Tacho slap!!
« on: November 22, 2010, 05:24:41 PM »
A few months ago I fitted a new cable to my KO as the reading was somewhat jerky. On fitting the new cable the tacho reading was still jerky and sporadic, however when I compared the original inner cable to the new one it was about a 1cm longer whilst the outer appeared to be the same length on fitting the old inner in the new outer the tacho behaves as it should. The cable was a genuine Honda from D Silver.

DaveH

3
CB750 / Re: Smokey 750
« on: February 04, 2009, 03:05:08 PM »
Just a thought if the engine is wet sumping this can cause excessive smoking on start up until the oil pump scavenges the sump.
regards
Daveh

4
CB750 / Re: Neutral switch
« on: January 19, 2009, 02:32:42 PM »
Steve,
The bike is a 1970 CB750. the switch as very close to the frame restricting its get at ablility and there is nothing to get hold of except for the small screw holding the wire in place and its been in there since new. I think I will replace the wiring first.
Years ago I had a problem with the bike cutting out at 70mph but ran perfectly below that, it turned out to be wind pressure on a worn out ignition swtich took some finding maybe this is a similar problem.

Thanks
Dave.




 

5
CB750 / Neutral switch
« on: January 19, 2009, 02:13:17 PM »
The neutral light comes on when on the move in 5th gear which gets very irritating. It works perfectly when stationary. If the switch is worn can it be replaced with the engine in situ, as it looks as if it could be a bit of pig to get out. Any ideas appreciated before I get stuck into something I might be better of putting up with.
thanks
Dave
 

6
CB750 / Re: Throttle won't shut down to below 2.5 thousand RPM?
« on: September 18, 2007, 05:10:06 PM »
I guess if none of the throttle slides are sticking open. Then check the ATD is retarding and has not stuck in the advance position.
best of luck
Daveh

7
CB750 / Re: brake Squeal
« on: July 18, 2007, 09:07:58 AM »
Thanks for the replies, when the squealing started I thought the pads needed replacing so I fitted some EBC pads which are greenish in colour which I bought some years ago but it didn't cure it for long. The old pads have been in years and I think they are genuine honda and are a brown sintered material they have certainly lasted well. Which/whose pads do you use?
As I am half convinced it is the material the pad is made of which is causing the squeal. 

8
CB750 / brake Squeal
« on: July 17, 2007, 11:52:02 AM »
I am suffering from brake squeal on the front brake its been stripped several times and the pads changed. All seems well for a short time then the squeal returns. Any one suffered the same or can  recommend a type of brake pad. EBC pads are fitted at present. 
 

Pages: [1]