Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - twelfthman

Pages: [1]
1
New Member Introductions / Re: Hello from a TOTAL newbie...
« on: June 03, 2009, 05:38:27 PM »
Ha, I see!  ;D

Thanks. I had read something about problems caused by the larger valves on the F2, but now I know what to look out for. When I get the bike up and running I'll keep a close eye on the oil consumption...and cross my fingers.

2
New Member Introductions / Re: Hello from a TOTAL newbie...
« on: June 03, 2009, 03:04:40 PM »
Well, I'd much rather have ill tidings now than a dead bike with difficult to obtain parts.  :)

I rode it for about 150 miles before I started to work on it. No sign of blue smoke. Was it something in my description that made you think it might? And what could that signify? Like I said, I am totally new to this wrenching on 30 yr olds bikes lark, so my knowledge is hovering somewhere around the zero mark... any help is much appreciated.

3
New Member Introductions / Re: Hello from a TOTAL newbie...
« on: June 03, 2009, 09:42:33 AM »
Thanks all for the welcome. I'll keep up to date with the pics and progress, few parts on order now just to get it running and OTR. It's going to be a bit of a 'make do' for the summer because I just want to get riding the thing. Then I'll look at it properly in the winter...

@Andy1976, thanks very much for the link, I'll work my way through it, it's a great resource.

@rhos1355 I'm pleased to say that its a trick of the light  :), oil reservoir looks to be in ok condition.

4
New Member Introductions / Hello from a TOTAL newbie...
« on: June 02, 2009, 11:47:30 AM »
Hello all,

I've been browsing the forums here for help and am now seriously into my first ever project, so I thought I'd better stop 'lurking' and join up.

I always loved bikes but was late to riding.  I then sold my bike a couple of years ago to pay the mortgage while I set up working for myself. I've been wanting to get another ever since but found it hard to justify the cash when there's kids that need clothing and feeding ;). Eventually it got too much for me, I've always loved Cafe Racers and had been reading up on CB750s. So, I went for a '78 F2 on ebay, unseen, 24k miles on the clock, for

Pages: [1]