Honda-SOHC
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)
- sorry it's taken so long to fix
Home
Forum
Help
Gallery
Login
Register
Donations
Aladdin's Cave
Ash's Dropbox
Honda-SOHC
»
SOHC.co.uk Forums
»
CB750
»
CB750 K0 UK
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: CB750 K0 UK (Read 15117 times)
jojotut
Newbie
Posts: 48
CB750 K0 UK
«
on:
January 15, 2024, 08:25:22 PM »
Finally brought my project home lots of boxes some good stuff some no so. Engine has been rebuilt and installed in a stoved frame everything else needs doing. I built a little trolley out of half a pallet reinforced with ply both sides and heavy duty wheels (with locks) under strapped it down but as I was slowly wheeling it off the hire truck it fell off the ramps!! Fortunately I had a couple of old quilts either side and no damage was caused. When I sort out what I have I no doubt will be asking for a bit a guidance.
Anyone help with how many UK K0's had been imported
and roughly when they where made.
Jojo
Logged
Nurse Julie
1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
Grogu
Posts: 8717
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #1 on:
January 15, 2024, 08:32:53 PM »
How exciting, I bet you're pleased you didn't break off a lot of fins 😭😭😭. No idea as to numbers imported into UK but there is still quite a lot of them around. Ash may know how many.
Logged
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562
LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new
jojotut
Newbie
Posts: 48
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #2 on:
January 16, 2024, 11:59:01 AM »
Hi no damage to fins or engine I just got it to the end of the ramp and it fell to one side. I was unloading it by myself so just made sure everything was covered.
Been going through quite a few historic pages on this site on the earlier 750's model definition not sure what to call mine so settled on pre K1.
JOJO
Logged
AshimotoK0
Grogu
Posts: 7849
Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! Ù©(̾à¹Ì®Ì®ÌƒÌ¾à¹ÌƒÌ¾)Û¶
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #3 on:
January 16, 2024, 12:07:31 PM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Yours is a plain old CB750 diecast as far as I can ascertain as it's VIN is before the 'K0' transition model.
«
Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 12:09:09 PM by AshimotoK0
»
Logged
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.†Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.
jojotut
Newbie
Posts: 48
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #4 on:
January 16, 2024, 02:13:25 PM »
Frame number 10350** engine within 50 higher than that
Logged
jojotut
Newbie
Posts: 48
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #5 on:
January 25, 2024, 04:48:07 PM »
Hi just thought I'd share a picture of the carbs, one of the 11 owner's decided to chrome just about anything viable including the carbs!
All engine parts have been replaced but have to sort these out any advice.
Jojo
Logged
Jan B
SOHC Associate
Posts: 65
Everything you can leave behind is a gain
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #6 on:
January 25, 2024, 06:29:24 PM »
I suspect they are polished and not chromed. But hard to tell from the picture. Carb metal doesn't chrome easy and is rather expensive.
Logged
CB500K1
CB750K2 [project]
BMW F800GS
jojotut
Newbie
Posts: 48
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #7 on:
January 25, 2024, 06:53:00 PM »
Hi some of the Chrome is coming away on a couple of carbs, I have another later set that are polished and there is a difference.
Jojo
Logged
AshimotoK0
Grogu
Posts: 7849
Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! Ù©(̾à¹Ì®Ì®ÌƒÌ¾à¹ÌƒÌ¾)Û¶
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #8 on:
January 26, 2024, 07:30:41 PM »
That's going to be tricky stripping those but they are rare items so worth persevering with. They will possibly
need reverse stripping in the chroming bath I reckon. I wouldn't go to the local guy in Hull. Give Diane a call at Prestige electroplating in Mexborough and ask if its possible. I am due to go there soon so could take them in for you if you wish.
«
Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 07:33:27 PM by AshimotoK0
»
Logged
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.†Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.
Jan B
SOHC Associate
Posts: 65
Everything you can leave behind is a gain
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #9 on:
January 27, 2024, 08:33:29 AM »
Thats a bummer. I am curious how the surface finish will be after reverse chroming. Deffo a specialist job.
Logged
CB500K1
CB750K2 [project]
BMW F800GS
jojotut
Newbie
Posts: 48
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #10 on:
January 28, 2024, 10:19:04 AM »
Going to try and get the Chrome taken off (Thanks Ash) then rebuild I will post pictures if this is possible.
Logged
Oddjob
SOHC Jedi
Posts: 4735
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #11 on:
January 28, 2024, 11:42:47 AM »
I've had float bowls and carb tops dechromed and they came out ok afterwards. Although there were areas where the chrome was still stuck on.
Logged
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.
jojotut
Newbie
Posts: 48
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #12 on:
February 13, 2024, 10:43:58 AM »
Thanks for the feedback on the carbs, I have now been through the 7 boxes of parts that came with the bike, I'm sure we've all done this, bought someone else's rebuild and fathom what stage it's at. I have found a receipt for work carried out 14 years ago when an older gentleman was doing the rebuild unfortunately he passed and it was left for years before another couple of owners.Turns out that it has a lot of K/2/3/4 parts added for ease of purchase I think. It has the wrong forks airbox rear suspension but apart from that I have just about got most of another engine and lots of CB450 stuff!
Has anyone got any K0 forks before I buy some from the US! Postage is the killer over£100, I have new tubes.More pictures to come, apologies if I'm being a pain but it's my first 750 rebuild.
Jojo
Logged
royhall
SOHC Jedi
Posts: 3454
Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #13 on:
February 25, 2024, 09:20:19 AM »
Hi. Good luck with the build. I may be interested in any CB450 bits you have.
Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Logged
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Yamaha MT07 (2026) in Black
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic
jojotut
Newbie
Posts: 48
Re: CB750 K0 UK
«
Reply #14 on:
March 07, 2024, 12:28:16 PM »
Yep when I've sorted it all I will contact you. I know there are forks wheels new spoke sets and lots of other bits.
Jojo
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
Honda-SOHC
»
SOHC.co.uk Forums
»
CB750
»
CB750 K0 UK