Author Topic: How do I hold this shaft to undo the end nut?  (Read 6675 times)

Offline mike the bike

  • SOHC Jedi
  • Posts: 2652
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: How do I hold this shaft to undo the end nut?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2021, 08:23:58 PM »
Or use a piece of hardwood.  It won't damage anything.  I've done it that way for years
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

  • Grogu
  • *
  • Posts: 8632
    • View Profile
Re: How do I hold this shaft to undo the end nut?
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2021, 09:43:16 PM »
Or use a piece of hardwood.  It won't damage anything.  I've done it that way for years
I was bereft of hardwood but had some offcut 15mm Speedfit pipe to hand.
Honda CB400NA Superdream (current money puddle)
Honda CB500 K1 (second money pit)
https://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,28541.0.html
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html
This is a neat 500 restoration in the USA.
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,151576.msg1731556.html#msg1731556