Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 4472 times)

Offline Rozabikes Tim

  • SOHC Master
  • Posts: 1457
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2023, 09:17:23 AM »
Never owned or legally rode a moped. Had the occasional run out on my mum's monster PC50 AT 14 / 15 when she wasn't about.....
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

  • Grogu
  • *
  • Posts: 8622
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2023, 11:48:23 AM »
I had a couple of NSU Quickly mopeds back in the day then had a load of Scooters before my first proper bike a Honda 250 Dream. 
Honda CB400NA Superdream (current money puddle)
Honda CB500 K1 (second money pit)
https://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,28541.0.html
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html
This is a neat 500 restoration in the USA.
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,151576.msg1731556.html#msg1731556

Offline Orcade-Ian

  • SOHC Master
  • Posts: 1362
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
Re: Hi all
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2023, 04:06:17 PM »
Oh, the NSU Quickly, my Dad had a two tone green one - WAT 276 and much later my Sister was courting (now there's and old expression) a chap who used his Dad's one to come to our place and always left it in our 'shed' - which was kind of part of the house and led directly into our kitchen.  One day when everyone was out, I threw a leg over this thing (I was about 12 at the time) and for some reason, turned the pedals and the bloody thing started!  I had no idea how to stop it but fortunately it eventually stopped when the carb was empty (I now know!)
When my Mum came home she played hell with David (my lifelong pal from Hull who never married my Sister) - she said the bike must be leaking fuel because of the smell in the whole house and he was not allowed to leave it there again.  I kept stumm!

Ian
1953 BSA Golden Flash 650 - still a basket case
1960 Norton Model 50 Featherbed 350
1960 Ducati Elite 200 (nearing completion)
1972 Honda CB 350/4
1975 Honda CB 550/4 F1
1976 Honda CB 400/4 F1
2020 Honda C125 Super Cub
2026 Honda ADV 350