Author Topic: USA bound once again.  (Read 9187 times)

Offline Athame57

  • SOHC Master
  • Posts: 2047
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 named Elen.

Offline DomP

  • SOHC Master
  • Posts: 1140
    • View Profile
Re: USA bound once again.
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2025, 11:11:11 PM »
Enjoy your trip Roo, keep your chin up!
1975 XS650B
1976 CB550F1 current project
2012 Triumph Daytona 675

Offline Laverda Dave

  • SOHC Jedi
  • Posts: 3632
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
Re: USA bound once again.
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2025, 11:12:20 PM »
They sound like potential Donald Trumpp Voters to me Roo.

Top Tip, Don't wear a Donald Trumps mask as you go through immigration, they have no understanding of irony.

A few years ago I went on holiday to LA to visit an old mate who had emigrated. I was standing in the immigration queue for at least an hour when the person three people in front of me was called forward to the officer for the passport check. At the same time the queue was split into three and I was put next in line for the guy who had just stepped forward. That guy was Lemmy of Motorhead fame! I don't know why he was only just in front of me because he certainly hadn't flown cattle class where I had been for 11 hours! Anyway, Lemmy was standing at the window wearing all black with a stetson and you could see he was really pee'd off. Obviously he had a certain reputation with the appropriate record and as such was being grilled. This went on for at least 20 minutes and I was stuck behind him watching everyone else in the other queues waltzing through. Eventually he was let through and I was called up. I said to the officer, you gave him a hard time, was it his hat? That was THE worst thing I could have said, no sense of humour and I was given a grilling!
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'The Flying Banana'
1982 Laverda 120 Jota
2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
1990 Honda VFR400R NC30

Offline Bryanj

  • Grogu
  • *
  • Posts: 12563
    • View Profile
Re: USA bound once again.
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2025, 11:25:23 PM »
Last time i went my odd shaped hand did not fit on the auto scanner to their satisfaction so i was pulled out to the naughty room for extra interogation!

Offline Laverda Dave

  • SOHC Jedi
  • Posts: 3632
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
Re: USA bound once again.
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2025, 11:31:04 PM »
Enjoy the break Roo, you deserve it 👍.
Thanks in advance for the offer to bring a complete CBX 1000 engine back for me in your cabin bag 😁.
PS. If when driving people flash their lights at you assume you are driving on the wrong side of the road......
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'The Flying Banana'
1982 Laverda 120 Jota
2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
1990 Honda VFR400R NC30

Offline Athame57

  • SOHC Master
  • Posts: 2047
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
Re: USA bound once again.
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2025, 01:38:22 AM »
Last time i went my odd shaped hand did not fit on the auto scanner to their satisfaction so i was pulled out to the naughty room for extra interogation!
Did zey haf vays of making you talk?  :o Did they answer 'you lie, you lie, you are a spy?' ;)
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 named Elen.

Online Oddjob

  • SOHC Jedi
  • Posts: 4737
    • View Profile
Re: USA bound once again.
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2025, 02:59:25 AM »
Bring me back Kaley Cuoco please Roo.

Oh and if Roo sends anyone a video of a parrot needing a new home, well let’s just say don’t play it in front of the wife. I thought he was serious, should have known better and I did when I finally played the vid, you’re a BAD man Roo. If a croc eats you I bet you give it the shits. 😁😁
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline Bryanj

  • Grogu
  • *
  • Posts: 12563
    • View Profile
Re: USA bound once again.
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2025, 07:18:14 AM »
No unfortunately, all the nice lady asked was had i ever been arrested in US  and then have a nice vacation, my wife was worried as she had to wait in the area after security for me

Offline Gromitdog

  • SOHC Member
  • Posts: 198
    • View Profile
Re: USA bound once again.
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2025, 08:04:59 AM »
Hi Roo
Hope everything is all good with you and your looking forward to your US trip ( not that it will be quite the same under Tango Man ! ) You should sail immigration if you do the visa waiver programe Last time we went in DEC to San Diego we took 50 mins from exiting plane to hotel ( only had cabin Luggage)  1st at passport control so sailed though. out the terminal caught the downtown bus so happy days

Have a great trip mate stay safe
KEEPING IT SHINY SIDE UP IS ALWAYS A GOOD RESULT ON A RIDE OUT