Try our re-instated info resource - "Aladdin's Cave" (Main menu)- sorry it's taken so long to fix
Was it one leg or both? Worth lifting the dust covers to see what the condition is like underneath.
Personally when I was an MOT tester I’d most likely have failed it for oil mist, if it was enough to leave a ring I would have wondered how long that had been leaking like that and how much that loss of oil would have degraded the suspension.
Quote from: Oddjob on July 28, 2026, 02:37:21 AMPersonally when I was an MOT tester I’d most likely have failed it for oil mist, if it was enough to leave a ring I would have wondered how long that had been leaking like that and how much that loss of oil would have degraded the suspension.Well, its progressing...On my '00 ST both fork seals failed shortly one after another while up in Norway... they do have some nasty roads up there...So I grew the routine of rinsing down rotors, calipers & pads with brake cleaner twice a day...By the time we made it back home (Austria) both fork bottoms were FUBAR at the inside/bore...