Author Topic: Carb spindle seal  (Read 43 times)

Offline bbrian66

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Carb spindle seal
« on: Today at 12:45:30 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find the felt seals that go on the butterfly spindles on the carburettors?

I stripped my carbs to clean them. Im now thinking I should not have removed the butterflies or the spindles as some of the tiny felt seals have been damaged or lost in the process.  ARRGH!

Offline exvalvesetdabbler

  • SOHC Pro
  • Posts: 589
    • View Profile
Re: Carb spindle seal
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:53:36 PM »
I made some using a home made 'cookie cutter' and some wool felt.

https://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,32423.0.html

Regards
Dave


Offline bbrian66

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Carb spindle seal
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:17:02 PM »
Hi Dave - that's really impressive. Do you still have the tool? Would you be willing to stamp out a set for me? I'd happily pay.
To be clear,  these are for the choke shaft which is only about 6-7mm dia.