Author Topic: Endoscope, which one to buy?  (Read 3120 times)

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
Re: Endoscope, which one to buy?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 06:26:14 PM »
There's funny, I've just had one of those shoved down me neck. ;D
yes my mate in work is having one up his a*se and then down his throat ,i told him make sure they wipe it  ;)

Offline Chris400F

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 11:26:53 AM »
Had my weekly offers email through yesterday, don't know if this one would be any good.
http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=862&utm_source=NL0606&utm_medium=Teaser&utm_campaign=ToolkitUpgrade

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 09:48:09 PM »
Thanks for the info Chris.
I think this is a case of Sod's Law in action!  I bought an endoscope last Thursday on Amazon, I go into Lidl and Aldi every week to check out their deals!!!!  The one I bought cost 65 pounds and is made by Teslong with a lithium battery, 3 meg camera, snapshot and record onto a supplied memory card.  It had good reviews (5 star) so I just thought I'd buy it with my Christmas vouchers  :).  It appears to be pretty good although not used in anger yet, that will be next week when I look down the bores on my Jota (Honda Jota  ::) ............).
I'll give some feedback next week just in case anyone else is thinking of buying one.
Dave
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 07:50:39 PM »
Why would anyone want one, what are you to see ? or does it measure the bores and can it get in the con rods to see the state of the shells ;D
Only way to see what is going on in a engine and that is to strip it down.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »
I just added one to the toolkit from Lidl, I reacon it could be quite handy for seeing inside a gearbox to spot if the selector dogs still are there - for those times you find debris in the sump - so often I find the debris relates to past issues that are already resolved, makes a stripdown into a waste of gasketts. Also it has hooks and magnet attatchments so you have a good chance of retrieving odd bits dropping into a sump or whatever if you can see it and get the hook in in one hit. It also crossed my mind it might well reassure buyers of my variety of old rotovators and hydraulic kit if they could sneak a peak inside the bowels of the machine as well as see it run.
Oh yes, and inspect inside frame or chasis rails to assess rust - most of my expirience of rotted chasis or frames seems to point to them rotting internally whilst not looking too bad externally, on both cars and bikes.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Aly-b

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 09:08:28 PM »
I just added one to the toolkit from Lidl, I reacon it could be quite handy for seeing inside a gearbox to spot if the selector dogs still are there - for those times you find debris in the sump - so often I find the debris relates to past issues that are already resolved, makes a stripdown into a waste of gasketts. Also it has hooks and magnet attatchments so you have a good chance of retrieving odd bits dropping into a sump or whatever if you can see it and get the hook in in one hit. It also crossed my mind it might well reassure buyers of my variety of old rotovators and hydraulic kit if they could sneak a peak inside the bowels of the machine as well as see it run.
Oh yes, and inspect inside frame or chasis rails to assess rust - most of my expirience of rotted chasis or frames seems to point to them rotting internally whilst not looking too bad externally, on both cars and bikes.

You certainly put forward a good case for buying one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal