Author Topic: CB750F2 Race Replica  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Jontyp

• View Profile
CB750F2 Race Replica
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:35:45 PM »
Well I thought I should update with what little progress I've made with my project.

The end.

Well, nearly. Anyway, it started out as a '78 F2 and in all honesty I'm not sure I had a fully formed plan at the start. I wanted to create a bigger version of a Yoshi 460/4 I built back in 1981/82. I've got it completely stripped down and identified parts that will need to be replaced (for example the rear brake master cylinder is knackered etc etc). I managed to get hold of an alloy fuel tank, oil tank and fairing from a P&M race bike from the same era. The fuel tank was made by the same guy who made P&Ms tanks and has been modified for extra range for the IOM and the fairing has a letter box opening for an oil cooler. I've also just got a replica P&M seat from Ragged Edge Racing (highly recommended btw).

So, overall, the plan is forming to build a roughly period replica endurance racer (so need to get lights in or on the fairing nose), tune the motor (maybe Wiseco 836, new cam, CR carbs etc), oil cooler, clip-ons, rear-sets and so on. Everything that isn't right will be reworked, repaired or replaced. No urgency but I'll keep posting in here and asking questions of the great and good as I go along.

Cheers

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
Re: CB750F2 Race Replica
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:46:54 PM »
Sounds like an interesting project. Don't forget to post some pictures as you go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Jontyp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 09:06:11 PM »
I will certainly do that. At the moment its all a bit scattered to the four winds. I'll definitely have lots of standard parts available and I'll offer them up to the folks on here first if that's ok.

Cheers

Offline MarkCR750

• Professional half wit and member
  • SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 09:55:44 PM »
I hope you enjoy the build as much as I did Jon, working your way around snags give you a great feeling, don't be afraid of patting yourself on the back (well nobody else will😄), sounds as though the design is coming together!
PS I enjoyed it so much I've decided to do another build...in about 10years, ....maybe 15.
Suzuki GT250A (Nostalgia)
1977 K7 CR750 (lookalike, what of I’m not sure)
Ducati 900SS (Soul & Speed)
Ducati M900 Monster (Handling & character)
Thruxton 1200 (suits me)
James Captain 197 (pure adrenaline, i.e. no brakes!)
"Eff yir gitten awvestear yir gooin te farst"
Sir J.Stewart.

Offline yozzer74

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 10:01:42 PM »
Look forward to following the build

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal