SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB750 Barn find project - First Timer

<< < (3/119) > >>

Underdog1:
So the bikes just been delivered, cosmetically it looks in reasonable nick.

The first obvious issue is it didn't come with any keys, i presume theres some sort of way to order them through Honda?

MarkCR750:
You could Hotwire it for now, pul the plug out of the ignition switch and connect red to black, ages since I did mine, someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Chris400F:
Not sure about the 750 but on smaller models the key number is often marked on the body of the ignition switch somewhere.
I have used this guy a couple of times to order keys by number.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281030401159?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Underdog1:

--- Quote from: MarkCR750 on July 24, 2016, 04:23:27 PM ---You could Hotwire it for now, pul the plug out of the ignition switch and connect red to black, ages since I did mine, someone correct me if I'm wrong!

--- End quote ---

Yeah ill give that a go for now, cheers bud.

--- Quote from: Chris400F on July 24, 2016, 04:57:01 PM ---Not sure about the 750 but on smaller models the key number is often marked on the body of the ignition switch somewhere.
I have used this guy a couple of times to order keys by number.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281030401159?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

--- End quote ---

The only code i can find is on the seat lock, I've messaged the seller and hopefully the seat lock is the same as the ignition.

Other things I've noted so far:

No front brake calliper! Bit annoying as looking on bey I'm going to be spending £80+ replacing it.. Does anyone know if I can use any CB750 SOHC calliper or do they differ year to year?

Inside of the tank is mega rusty. Going to try some electrolysis to see if i can bring it back to life.

Trigger:
Let the fun begin  ::) Not all SOHC calipers are the same, don't rush as you will need to get the old girl running before worrying about getting her to stop.
The seat key is very rarely the same as the ignition. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version