Author Topic: CD125A.... Dodgy US bike importers / Sometimes worth having 2 daughters  (Read 1382 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Stripped the top end of my ’68 CD125A 'sloper'  'tiddler' US import yesterday. Cam and rockers in good shape but the seller said ‘it tried to start  & had a decent spark' ... easy restoration project ’ . When I took the points cover off it didn’t have any points or points plate fitted,  so God knows how it generated a spark ! Seller was from James's neck of the woods !! Somebody must have stripped the motor and reassembled it with the pistons caked in some silver greasy stuff. Worst thing was one piston just had an oil control  ring and no compression rings fitted. Further re-enforces my argument that US import, low-milers are not always what they seem or as described by the sellers. Marked the rockers with Katie's nail varnish ..so the girls do have some uses.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
OK Ash, you can tell us what is your favourite colour. Don't be shy now ;D

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
OK Ash, you can tell us what is your favourite colour. Don't be shy now ;D

Don't want to make Julie jealous !  ;D ;D
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
You can tell me Ash, I will keep it a secret  ;) ;) As long as it's not the same pink that Trigger wears when he's 'Claire'. I can't have you both wearing the same colour when your playing dressing up games, now that would be weird  ;D ;D ;D
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Some of us don't get any choice in the matter! My daughter was 10 at the time, I'd been up late working the night before, and had a cider at lunchtime, sat down to watch a film, and woke up to her sniggering, and my nails in a strange array of colours, including sparkly ones! Then she told me she had no polish remover, and I was stuck with them all weekend till I bought some after the weekend. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
Hahaha, the colour suits you Hairy  ; :o :o :o
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline Honda Al

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Some of us don't get any choice in the matter! My daughter was 10 at the time, I'd been up late working the night before, and had a cider at lunchtime, sat down to watch a film, and woke up to her sniggering, and my nails in a strange array of colours, including sparkly ones! Then she told me she had no polish remover, and I was stuck with them all weekend till I bought some after the weekend. (Attachment Link)

Ha ha ha. Brilliant!! I've got a 4yr old so I'm going to keep my wits about me and be on guard for the future!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love a Honda. Proud father of a 2000 Honda CBR929 Fireblade and 1972 Honda CB500 K1. Oh, and two children!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal