Author Topic: Break spliter  (Read 1195 times)

Offline yozzer74

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Break spliter
« on: July 26, 2016, 06:08:15 PM »
Hi could anyone help just been looking how the front break spliter fits on bottom yoke mine as a dodge home made bracket on it it may not even be the correct spliter .it's for the f2 78 does anyone have any pictures of there's .thanks yozzer.is it possible not to use one at all

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Break spliter
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 06:13:25 PM »
the front brake splitter used to have the front stop light switch,

lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline yozzer74

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 06:18:23 PM »
It's definitely not the right one then

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 10:12:49 PM »
The original mounts onto two little pillars pointing forward out of the bottom yoke, master feed comes in top to throttle side of splitter with the drop to calipers coming out straight down and almost next to each fork leg. It has no hydraulic activated brake light switch fitted to it.

The brake light is operated via a mechanical switch fitted to the master cylinder right at the inner end of the lever past the pivot point away from the hand area.

You can run one line to each caliper from the master by using hoses made up with two slim banjo fittings onto the single bolt into the master. They usually fit in the order of (sealing) washer, banjo, another washer, next banjo, another washer then the bolt. You may have to use a bespoke bolt to accommodate this and to make sure both hoses are open to each other to ensure the calipers are balanced for the pressure they receive.

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 10:22:52 PM »
It's definitely not the right one then

sorry,I thought it was the same as the 500,

ignore me
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 10:46:18 PM »
John, I thought the same as you as they used to be on that separation block for the single disc bikes,  I was looking at a friends F2 trying to find it I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Offline yozzer74

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 04:48:41 AM »
Thanks for info

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal