Author Topic: What else would you do while the engine is split for a cam chain repair?  (Read 980 times)

Offline Greg65

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
While at work for the next few days I am planning the engine work list. Subject to any problems that I find what extra maintenance would you do? I guess a light grind of the valves would be worth doing, the cold pressure was 165-175 when I checked in the spring. I would also like to give the case and fins a good spruce up, is soda blasting worth doing or just scotch bright and polish sufficient. As I'm not doing a full restoration, some sort of patena is fine. Also what do I need to pay attention to when looking for maintenance issues. As this is my first time into the inner workings all dumb and obvious hints would would also be apreciated.

Tools wise I have the Honda and Haynes manuals, a precision torque wrench, standard sockets and spanners. Thanks in advance, I'm sure there will be follow up questions.
Keep smiling it makes the management nervous.
Honda CB400 1976
Suzuki GS1000 1978

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
 Cam chain tensioner horseshoe and all related parts, primary chain, seals

Offline Greg65

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Thanks Bryanj. Looking at DS supplies they do a complete engine gasket set, all after market, does anyone have any views on these?
Keep smiling it makes the management nervous.
Honda CB400 1976
Suzuki GS1000 1978

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Gasket set DOES NOT include seals

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal