SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Engine teardown and inspection

<< < (2/27) > >>

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Trigger on October 07, 2016, 12:54:02 PM ---I also can't see any pictures.

--- End quote ---

They are coming up OK for me Graham but here if you can't see 'em

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/axf4lyhra89zsi0/AAC2kGVjjiKQbDq8nRTavorFa?dl=0

clive:
i can,

Nurse Julie:
I cant see the original pics either

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Nurse Julie on October 07, 2016, 02:11:28 PM ---I cant see the original pics either

--- End quote ---

Feeling guilty about using up all of Steve's storage ... so off to make a site donation...HINT  ;)  Blaming Trigger & Julie  :D

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] attachimg=3]

matthewmosse:
I have a head + top end off a cb500 that has been modified to run needle roller bearings, bought years ago off ebay, the seller didn't know who had done the conversion. I reacon the cb500 head and cover could be converted to allow for the cam bearing to be line bored down its length and sealing caps inserted at the assembly stage ( might be a bit involved given the need to seal up the cover with bolts holding it down being in the same place etc). On my kl250 I found a local shop willing to machine out the knackered head bearing surface and insert a phosphur bronze insert for the cam to run in, a much simpler prospect but surprisingly cost effective costing only £65 which was cheaper then any good cylinder heads off ebay in the 6 months I was looking.
I have a few worn heads if anyone wants to have a go at a modification, the guy who did my kl head was only willing to give it a try when he had 3 spares available so no loss if it didn't work, and then he modified the worst one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version