Author Topic: Fuel leaking out of air inlet  (Read 619 times)

Offline davidrsmith

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Fuel leaking out of air inlet
« on: October 23, 2016, 05:09:46 PM »
Hi

I put my pd46a carbs back on my cb550k3 today and it started but I had the following problems:

1)  fuel was coming out of the air box drain between the carbs and the air filter housing. I took the air box off and restarted the bike and noticed fuel was leaking from no 3 carb air inlet stub.

2) when the bike started it revved to 3000rpm and stayed there, when I opened the throttle the bike just cut out.

Before putting the carbs back on the bike I replaced all the slow running jets, and cleaned the pilot jets and emulsion tubes. I cleaned the petrol/air screws and reset them to 2 turns out. I also air jetted all of the inside of the carbs including all of the channel ways, non appear to be blocked.

Would the float height being wrong cause fuel to come out of the air inlet, I must admit i would have expected the fuel to come out of the overflow tube rather than the inlet, I will check the overflow tube isn't blocked.

I turned the bike over with no carbs and there is suction on all four cylinders.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing these problems?

Thanks
Dave

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel leaking out of air inlet
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 05:26:05 PM »
Wrong float settings or damaged float along with blocked overflow

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Fuel leaking out of air inlet
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 05:42:02 PM »
Yep float heights are wrong and overflow likely blocked.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal