Author Topic: Classic Motorcycle Day on Sunday 2nd July 2017  (Read 17901 times)

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Motorcycle Day on Sunday 2nd July 2017
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2017, 01:16:00 PM »
Thanks clunker, that's what I thought it was in a cost for general admission to the museum that gives a year's use as I see it.

Doesn't appear to be any arrangements to visit just the bikes and stand around talking about old motors all day.

Starts to add up with that and my fuel for getting up there.

Offline Clunker

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2017, 02:53:52 PM »
No probs mate, does seem a bit steep though, especially when I wouldn't really be going to see the trams. :)
Usually sat on a bucket polishing my nuts.

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2017, 05:02:24 PM »
Can I clarify costs of entry. If Exibiting bike foc. Otherwise we can get tickets in advance at £10.50 adults, Senior citizens £9.50 and accompanied children £ £8.50. Pillions on show bike are chargeable.

Hope that softens things a bit if bikeless...

Please let me know numbers as we will need to order tickets in advance .

Tim
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2017, 06:12:52 PM »
Thanks Tim for the info and your organisation of it.

I've got nearly 50 quid in fuel on top of the entry to come out family budget so trying to balance things overall. A little compromised by my son getting to the fuel allowance first as I took him up to Sheffield last weekend to collect a mountain bike that he'd saved up to buy.

I got to meet up with some of the others on here recently down at Ardingly so may have to postpone this one and see if something else comes around later.

Offline clive

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2017, 08:46:47 PM »
will give a  miss, cos bikes ackting up
cb500/4, 535 virago, sunny south yorkshire, apart from floods, earthquakes

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2017, 09:05:07 PM »
2 please Tim. Thanks
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline Clunker

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2017, 08:09:14 AM »
I can't say in advance if I can get there, my Daughter is due home end of June or early July. Her employers arrange the flights so she won't know which flight or airport until the ticket is in her hands. Of course Dad's Taxi will be on 24hr call out.
Usually sat on a bucket polishing my nuts.

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2017, 08:53:46 AM »
one ticket for me please !!
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline petermigreen

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2017, 09:22:01 AM »
Bit confused as to why people are ordering tickets? I thought if we'd already registered interest and were taking a bike, then our free entry was arranged (pending ticket collection tba).
Peter.

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2017, 10:51:29 AM »
I am still up for it.

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2017, 11:35:41 AM »
Can I clarify costs of entry. If Exibiting bike foc. Otherwise we can get tickets in advance at £10.50 adults, Senior citizens £9.50 and accompanied children £ £8.50. Pillions on show bike are chargeable.

Hope that softens things a bit if bikeless...

Please let me know numbers as we will need to order tickets in advance .

Tim

Deffo count me in
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2017, 11:49:53 AM »
Bit confused as to why people are ordering tickets? I thought if we'd already registered interest and were taking a bike, then our free entry was arranged (pending ticket collection tba).
Peter.

No need to worry. Post was really just for those having to pay as not on a sohc bike to show. Sorry if it read otherwise. I have 15 tickets covering initial stated interest and some have dropped out since too. No worries!

Offline paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2017, 02:50:46 PM »
Thanks for clarification, are we going to meet somewhere near to pick up ticket from you or will you post them out to those committed to going ??
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2017, 04:15:49 PM »
Right, just spoken the main man.

Yes we can leave tickets with carpark marshalls against name /  registratiins. Gates open 9.30 but can arrive from 9am. We are expected to stay for a minimum of 3 hours if showing a bike.

Tried to get a specific idea of space allocation to us but they can't tell us yet as still taking bookings. Looking at 200 bikes so far, which in my mind is impressive but no expert on this type of event.

Can those coming  please PM me with User name / real name / bike model and registration. On the email please specify if you need any extra tickets over and above the foc allocation for those on SOHC bike. HOWEVER IT HAS BEEN CLARIFIED THAT REDUCED RATE TICKETS CAN BE BOUGHT ON ENTRY.   You will need some identicfication which I have indicated will be a copy of an email I will format and forward to all that are coming.

I will let you know my contact phone number by return PM  so you have a contact on the day.

This should all work in my mind but let me know if I am being dim and overlooked anything..

Tim

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2017, 08:49:09 AM »
Right, just spoken the main man.

Yes we can leave tickets with carpark marshalls against name /  registratiins. Gates open 9.30 but can arrive from 9am. We are expected to stay for a minimum of 3 hours if showing a bike.

Tried to get a specific idea of space allocation to us but they can't tell us yet as still taking bookings. Looking at 200 bikes so far, which in my mind is impressive but no expert on this type of event.

Can those coming  please PM me with User name / real name / bike model and registration. On the email please specify if you need any extra tickets over and above the foc allocation for those on SOHC bike. HOWEVER IT HAS BEEN CLARIFIED THAT REDUCED RATE TICKETS CAN BE BOUGHT ON ENTRY.   You will need some identicfication which I have indicated will be a copy of an email I will format and forward to all that are coming.

I will let you know my contact phone number by return PM  so you have a contact on the day.

This should all work in my mind but let me know if I am being dim and overlooked anything..

Tim

Thanks for all the PM confirmations so far. I will wait a few days for any more  and then send out some form of email to you confirming things for use to collect tickets on gate.

Anyone hoping to come that hasn't confirmed as yet, can I give you a nudge.....

Thanks

Tim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal