Author Topic: No spark?  (Read 874 times)

Offline Colonial-Clive (yindi)

• Colonial_clive
  • SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
No spark?
« on: November 20, 2016, 06:29:42 PM »
Hi all, got the beast wired now the problem is no spark to 2&3 plugs or points I have good spark to 1&4. Any ideas? I am leaning towards duff coil pack! Any and all possable causes  greatfully accepted.
            Clive

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: No spark?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 06:34:40 PM »
Try checking the wires from points housing (blue one side, yellow other side) to the coils circuit aren't broken/damaged internally, and the connection to the coil .
If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

• Colonial_clive
  • SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 07:38:45 PM »
Thanks for the info hairygit found some loose connecters, (well one fell off ) replaced all and bingo you win the dinner so to speak now have spark. Will see what happens tomorrow when I try again to fire it up. As Arnie said I'll be back.
          Cheers again SOHC fellas for your ongoing help.

• Colonial_clive
  • SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 06:16:08 PM »
Update up and running but can not get timing right static light comes on miles before fire mark getting new points see if that makes any differance.

Offline Ashdowner

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 06:28:26 PM »
Miles before? How far is miles in degrees? Got to be honest on both my 550's first thing I did was throw the points away (if you still have them) and fit electronic which eliminates trying to get the gap right.
CB550K3, CB550K1, Yamaha Midnight Star, and CA77 in 2473 pieces (at the last count)

Offline philgresty

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 07:49:51 PM »
set the static timing for 1 and 4 first, then if 2 and 3 doesn't line up, the whole contact breaker can be moved independently of the points plate to line up for that mark.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal